FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Thursday Thread: DHD 21.7M

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Every Seth Rogen or Jonah Hill movie.

Sorry doesn't compute. Maybe you're just talking about knocked out. But there's no other South Rogen movie that's like that. You can't say that him as a married man married to Rose Byrne is unrealistic.

• Haha 1

And also it's definitely a movie that establishes a relationship between the two of them that dates back many many years ago. So their relationship is based way more than just on looks it's based on chemistry and history. If you can't get behind that then I don't know what to tell you.

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

Name one other one. 

and that's the whole point of the movie is that it's called long shot. It's supposed to be a pretty woman take off but in reverse.

Knocked up?

Also, She’s out of my League!

Edited by FilmBuff

But I mean,.. Julia Roberts is actually a PRETTY woman lol. Like can you imagine a version of this were Melissa McCarthy is in the Rogen part. I mean the closest thing is maybe in Spy but it's not like she and Jude Law were making out in that movie.

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

But I mean,.. Julia Roberts is actually a PRETTY woman lol. Like can you imagine a version of this were Melissa McCarthy is in the Rogen part. I mean the closest thing is maybe in Spy but it's not like she and Jude Law were making out in that movie.

Come on. Seth Rogen is a pretty normal-looking guy. He's not robust like he was 5 years ago. He actually looks much more normal adult like now and like I said you'd have to see the movie in context to completely understand where it's coming from.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

You can't say that him as a married man married to Rose Byrne is unrealistic.

lol what an insult to rose byrne. the problem is accentuated by the fact that rogen plays a kind of a normal guy/ sometimes loser in his movies. he's not some powerful, rich guy. then maybe i could understand women's attraction.

let's not kid ourselves.....these movies are wishful thinking on rogen's part

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

lol what an insult to rose byrne. the problem is accentuated by the fact that rogen plays a kind of a normal guy/ sometimes loser in his movies. he's not some powerful, rich guy. then maybe i could understand women's attraction.

let's not kid ourselves.....these movies are wishful thinking on rogen's part

it's also just annoying cause they would never use this dynamic gender-reversed. I mean Hollywood's version of an "ugly" girl/hot guy romance is apparently Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga????? LOL.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

it's also just annoying cause they would never use this dynamic gender-reversed. I mean Hollywood's version of an "ugly" girl/hot guy romance is apparently Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga????? LOL.

Isn't It Romantic came out three months ago, which saw Rebel Wilson getting paired with Liam Hemsworth.  Sierra Burgess Is a Loser was on Netflix in September, which emphasizes how uncomfortable the main character is with her appearance and then has her end up with Noah Centineo.  I'm sure there's more examples.  It has happened.