FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Thursday Thread: DHD 21.7M

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

WTF this is crumbling. It's over. I knew that TFA domestic was to far to reach. Stupid Disney should have released this in December. 

They should re-release it in december 2020 :sparta:

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, I guess we'll see.  Should be a fun ride for the next couple of months.

Indeed. Seems like the worst outcome for all of us would be if EG becomes predictable 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am trying to say that TFA weekdays for first two weeks were clearly benefited by Christmas and New Year holidays. I also shared example of Spider-verse, a film opening just 35mn had 6mn 2nd Thursday.

of course it benefited from the holidays that's my whole point. I'm saying that I think the force awakens weekdays for the first 17 days or so I just going to be too much for endgame to overcome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

WTF this is crumbling. It's over. I knew that TFA domestic was to far to reach. Stupid Disney should have released this in December. 

Now  you are just trolling. ... Are you Shivampa's alt?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

of course it benefited from the holidays that's my whole point. I'm saying that I think the force awakens weekdays for the first 17 days or so I just going to be too much for endgame to overcome.

And that's where the 110mn lead it had in 1st weekend and hopefully 20mn lead in 2nd weekend gonna come to play.

Endgame will be leading by ~30+ in first 17 days based on the lead in first two weekends.

• Like 3

Boy, the weekend thread gonna be fun. I can already see the mass panic and fake concerns Friday numbers gonna bring.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And that's where the 110mn lead it had in 1st weekend and hopefully 20mn lead in 2nd weekend gonna come to play.

Endgame will be leading by ~30+ in first 17 days based on the lead in first two weekends.

I kind of feel like we're spinning our wheels here a little bit. I don't know if you think I'm saying anything disparaging about end game because I'm not. I'm just saying that I think without Christmas weekdays it's going to be a little bit too much for endgame to overcome. If it beats TFA I will be happy that it does. No qualms here at all whatsoever. Records are meant to be broken. I'm just saying the way I'm reading it I don't think it's going to be able to sustain enough of a pace to outlast it in the end.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Boy, the weekend thread gonna be fun. I can already see the mass panic and fake concerns Friday numbers gonna bring.

Actually, I won't be surprised with that. The Fridays so far this year, except 26th April have been underwhelming with Saturdays in doing bonkers numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

<40.7 RIP Endgame   

>45.7 RIP TFA   

Else wait   

;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

You're making a lot of assumptions as well. I know I am also we're just reading things in different ways. I don't think end game is going to be able to sustain the pace that it's on or the pace that it will need to pass TFA. That's all. You're talking about it like it's a mathematical certainty. I'm just talkin about it like it's a possibility that it will not pass it. So again we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

I'm brand new here, but all this comparison of TFA's Xmas corridor weekdays to AEG's weekdays is unbelievable. I thought BOT had some of the internet's best BO analysts? 

To quote Paul Dergarabedian from Comscore, every day in the Xmas-New Year holiday plays like a Saturday. The Xmas-New Years corridor is the biggest movie going period in the US, it makes summer midweeks look pedestrian.

Look at TLJ, its second week middays were higher than its first week (which was already holiday boosted). It took in almost 22m in its second Wed, which followed from 72m second weekend!

You simply cannot compare AEG's weekdays to TFA's weekdays

We know they are big, that's the point.  You can totally compare them if you are wanting to demonstrate the magnitude of what Endgame has to overcome in order to beat TFA.  It had a huge lead after opening weekend that could be almost completely evaporated by the fucking weekdays of all things.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

You're making a lot of assumptions as well. I know I am also we're just reading things in different ways. I don't think end game is going to be able to sustain the pace that it's on or the pace that it will need to pass TFA. That's all. You're talking about it like it's a mathematical certainty. I'm just talkin about it like it's a possibility that it will not pass it. So again we'll see what happens.

when we will have some numbers for today ?

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

when we will have some numbers for today ?

Maybe we will have some numbers for today once today becomes today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

I kind of feel like we're spinning our wheels here a little bit. I don't know if you think I'm saying anything disparaging about end game because I'm not. I'm just saying that I think without Christmas weekdays it's going to be a little bit too much for endgame to overcome. If it beats TFA I will be happy that it does. No qualms here at all whatsoever. Records are meant to be broken. I'm just saying the way I'm reading it I don't think it's going to be able to sustain enough of a pace to outlast it in the end.

TFA also had no real competition apart from perhaps Daddy's Home and had all the premium formats for quite some time which Endgame won't have due to the May competition.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

In other movie news besides end game, I am on my way to see long shot now. And I just found out that Raiders of the lost ark is playing at the theater here tonight. I have never seen in Raiders of the lost ark on the big screen and I am definitely going to try to go tonight.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1