sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

don't underestimate Toy Story 4. Especially if it ends up as good as the other movies

Anecdotally, Toy Story 4 is one of a couple movies (the others being Endgame and Lion King) that's been brought up by my friends as a movie they want to see. Even though 3 was the perfect closer, people still have a ton of goodwill for the series and Pixar as a whole. I think it can probably sleep walk to $400M like Jurassic World 2 last year.

24 minutes ago, john2000 said:

:winomg: enough for today you said it 6 times

Not today I haven't. 

Just now, baumer said:

Not today I haven't. 

you did either way plz stop, lets just wait and see , i respect your opinion but it becomes little annoying if you repeat the same thing many time and yes that goes both ways

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Silly flop Endgame can't even become the biggest 2nd weekend ever after smashing the OW record. CRUMBLING :hahaha: 

They missed out on a few million by not having *REDACTED* show up.

Moderation:

Obligatory  daily mention that this is not the Avatar or Avatar 2 thread

It's fine to talk about Eng Game vs Avatar in a box office manner but fanboy type of comments are not allowed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

Obligatory  daily mention that this is not the Avatar or Avatar 2 thread

It's fine to talk about Eng Game vs Avatar in a box office manner but fanboy type of comments are not allowed.

But i wanted to talk about Toph and why shes the best character in the show :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

LionsFlop

You won't be saying that when they release the film with the biggest opening weekend this month two weeks from now

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Don’t see 2.2B by Sunday IMO. Needs 285M WW for Sat+Sun frame. I can see 110M+ from domestic, but 175M+ from OS seems too much, especially with China falling off bigger on Sat and Sun.

1785 + 150 dom + 65.2 china + 197 os-china = 2197

15 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Just as an aside, LionsFlop was stupid to have Long Shot drop the weekend after Endgame. In its old June release date, it coulda opened to at least in the high teens.

I dunno, it would've been up against Dark Phoenix and Secret Life of Pets 2 and would've had to face higher profile titles from all angles (Godzilla and Rocketman the week before, Men in Black the week after). I think it was supposed to open in February at one point, which might've been better.

58 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's over. TFA is safe.

C’mon Baumer, you’re supposed to be one of the level-headed wait until there’s enough data before saying things too certainly types. Saturday would need to have a pretty meh bump to call it before the 3rd weekend.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I mentioned 4 Disney films. On which film are you taking your chances. :sparta:

Endgame will have a -0.5x 2nd wknd multi and end below CM. My astrologer guarantees it.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Astonished 1