sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

Avengers is going to be hard-pressed to post another otherworldly Sunday hold, but it does have possible spillover from the sheer volume of sellouts working in its favor. Its second weekend is basically playing at the level of a huge opener, so we could see some viewers who missed out on Saturday screenings show up on Sunday.

I'm thinking next weekend will be a photo finish between Pikachu and Avengers in the $70-75M range. Will probably be determined by how they hold on Sunday as Mother's Day options (Infinity War dropped almost 29% on that Sunday last year, for instance).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It said 50 million on Twitter for Saturday. Why I said 90.6.

No holiday plus 3 hr movie kind of conflicts with late night showings. Adults have work on Monday morning, Kids and teenagers have school.

You're ignoring 3 hours on the west coast and the other 1900 theaters it's playing in.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm thinking next weekend will be a photo finish between Pikachu and Avengers in the $70-75M range. Will probably be determined by how they hold on Sunday as Mother's Day options (Infinity War dropped almost 29% on that Sunday last year, for instance).

It's definitely gonna be a close battle for sure. Although I predict Pika may surprise people with it's OW. I think it'll be damn close though. Like Pika 82 and Endgame 79 or something. Or vice verca.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

Some exclusive (?) numbers I got from a french guy who has access to Comscore :

Tickets Sold Worldwide for :

Infinity War 203 292 058

Endgame :      167 002 954    so far (don't know the exact day tho)

:shades:

EDIT : These numbers seem to be wrong according to our Gods.

Don't mind them.

:(

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I don’t think endgame will have a 45-46 % drop from 2nd to 3rd weekend like the first avengers and infinity war 

1st avengers the 3rd weekend movie that released that weekend was battleship at 25 million which bombed 

infinity war 3rd weekend biggest movie made 17 million a Melissa McCarthy’s 

endgame 3rd game 

The movie releasing on 3rd weekend is bigger than the other 2 movies by a lot 

41 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It said 50 million on Twitter for Saturday. Why I said 90.6.

No holiday plus 3 hr movie kind of conflicts with late night showings. Adults have work on Monday morning, Kids and teenagers have school.

`From 2737 locations, Endgame is playing in 4600+

So far this weekend it's has similar but bit off drops/bumps to Infinity War.  A reasonable assumption could be that Sunday will be like that as well. Infinity War dropped 21.5%. That would put Endgame around $47m, using a $60m Sat. But since it hasn't been exactly the same, a 24% drop isn't out of the question either, hopefully it doesn't go higher than that.   It could drop lower as well, so basically I think the range is $45-49m for Sunday,

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

I don’t think endgame will have a 45-46 % drop from 2nd to 3rd weekend like the first avengers and infinity war 

1st avengers the 3rd weekend movie that released that weekend was battleship at 25 million which bombed 

infinity war 3rd weekend biggest movie made 17 million a Melissa McCarthy’s 

endgame 3rd game 

The movie releasing on 3rd weekend is bigger than the other 2 movies by a lot 

we will see lets see the weekdays first

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Infinity War 203 292 058

Endgame :      167 002 954    so far

If you don't mind, I will like to see where he said that because comScore don't track admissions in many countries.

Also, just admissions of China, Mexico, India and USA will be more than 167mn Approx with China being around 77mn, India 20mn, Mexico 18mn and USA around 55mn till Saturday 

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If you don't mind, I will like to see where he said that because comScore don't track admissions in many countries.

Also, just admissions of China, Mexico, India and USA will be more than 167mn Approx with China being around 77mn, India 20mn, Mexico 18mn and USA around 55mn till Saturday 

I was always wondering that if Comscore gives those numbers aka tickets sold.

I ll ask him and get back to you.

Maybe he did the maths all by himself to give an estimation ?

Edited by The Futurist

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I was always wondering that if Comscore gives those numbers aka tickets sold.

I ll ask him and get back to you.

Maybe he did the maths all by himself to give an estimation ?

Yeah, that's more likely. comScore still don't have access to many countries and many countries don't track admissions.

If he did calculations by himself, then also he vastly underestimated the numbers for Infinity War.

Infinity War did 60mn approx in China, NA would be around 60-65mn, India 18mn, Mexico 22mn. These 4 have 160mn admissions and $1.15B gross. Even if rest $900mn had $10 ATP, which won't be the case, the number will be above 250mn easily. IW shall be around 300mn Approx IMO. I am thinking to compile the admissions of Avatar, EG and IW at end of run of EG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

These numbers are so far out of context not funny even for the supposed time stamp..i'll say this that Sat number is missing millions like a lot. Thats just for starterd

Edited by RtheEnd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 1

45 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Infinity War 203 292 058

Endgame :      167 002 954    so far (don't know the exact day tho)

OMG of the cuff I think I know where that EG figure came from ...it's so wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 18