sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

A lot of the time...no.

And no way to that $146M weekend prediction. Not even going to give that any credence.

I could see it, if they're expecting it to continually hold worse in comparison to Infinity War. A 45% rise on Saturday and a -23% fall on Saturday would hit 146M, which sounds plausible to me.

3 minutes ago, dakus said:

I could see it, if they're expecting it to continually hold worse in comparison to Infinity War. A 45% rise on Saturday and a -23% fall on Saturday would hit 146M, which sounds plausible to me.

So throughout this week, it has been hold worse than IW? 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Deadlines prediction makes some sense based on their Friday number of $40.8M. I still don't think Friday is going that low though.

Exactly. Though I guess I'll still keep an open mind so as not to be disappointed if I actually wake up to that number.

• Like 1

It makes sense that a part 2 of a cliffhanger film would have a bloated opening weekend.

$850m dom max for me, leaning towards 790 to 820

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Deadlines prediction makes some sense based on their Friday number of $40.8M. I still don't think Friday is going that low though.

Deadline's midnight (PST) update is typically very accurate. It makes sense since the day is over by then (well, outside of Hawaii and Alaska).

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It makes sense that a part 2 of a cliffhanger film would have a bloated opening weekend.

Would mean worse legs than Ultron even though worse case scenario its 2nd Weekend Drop is still better. $850M is still closer to the floor.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Would mean worse legs than Ultron even though worse case scenario its 2nd Weekend Drop is still better. $850M is still closer to the floor.

Ultron didn't make over 350m on it's opening weekend

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

So throughout this week, it has been hold worse than IW? 

Going off of Deadlines 40.8 Friday, its had noticeably worse Thursday and Friday holds, which could potentially indicate it falling behind legs-wise once the weekend spillover had faded.

Edited by dakus
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

$850M would mean the same amount of money than IW after a $114M 2nd weekend, not gonna happen !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

$850M would mean the same amount of money than IW after a $114M 2nd weekend, not gonna happen !

so IW made $453m by the end of it's second weekend then a further $225m

Endgame on $473m right now + $114m  +$225m is actually $812m

So you're off by about $40m there buddy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ultron didn't make over 350m on it's opening weekend

It's 2nd weekend drop is still going to be on par with or better than Ultron, I know you don't want this movie to break Avatar's record but atleast do some research before you throw out numbers.

• Disbelief 1