sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah but I was hoping for 160, hence why I would want a 44+ million Friday. I don't think that's an impossible goal for this.

Give it time. 44 is not needed for 160 (although makes it a lock). All depends on Saturday. Sunday hold will be good.

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

The usual meltdowns..what u were expecting a $350m opening and Wonder Woman legs....

No i thought My Big Fat Greek Wedding-like legs. Is that too much to ask for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Am i the only one who really woundt mind it if TFA remains the highest-grossing film DOM? I like TFA and Endgame the same (both are really great imo), but Star Wars as a franchise is kind of like the grandfather of all other movie franchises. Its the one who started all of this, whether you like Hollywoods evolution after 1977 or not. Star Wars was always the king of franchises in the US and even though Endgame would be a worthy title holder, i would like to see TFA hold that record on.

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

146M weekend per Deadline

https://deadline.com/2019/05/avengers-endgame-box-office-second-weekend-uglydolls-charlize-theron-seth-rogen-long-shot-1202606827/

Long Shot - $10.6M 

Intruder - $10.5M

UglyDolls - 9.2M

So, last weekend, I said drop the previews and divide by 2 to get a good-performing 2nd weekend hold number for Endgame...($357.1M-$60M)/2 = $148.55M...and now Deadline's within $2M of that early Math (and probably by the end of the weekend, it will be that guess:).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

With EG doing expected number in 2nd wknd, holdovers collapsing without proper reasons and new openers underperforming, I guess these mean Pika will explode with 100+M!!!

Or families are just saving money for the family event of the summer, with a lot of cute dogs 🤔

giphy.gif

Just now, Alli said:

watch John Wick beat Pika!!!!

John Wick 3 with the highest OW of May 2019? If the other 3 big ones open with $50-55m like I think, and Wick hits closer to $60m... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It really is 40.6-40.8mn

A week ago, if someone had given me 40mn 2nd Friday, I would have taken it, no question asked. Die Endgame for spoiling me and making me sad on 40mn 2nd Friday.

On serious note, let's see if year continue its low Fridays and big Saturdays thing. I want a +60%.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Give it time. 44 is not needed for 160 (although makes it a lock). All depends on Saturday. Sunday hold will be good.

40.8 makes it pretty difficult to get 160 imo, and it will only get harder to get back on pace to beat TFA from there. Still, #1 WW (fingers crossed) and #2 DOM would still be an absolutely incredible finish.

Edit: Ignore this, IW's 2nd Saturday jump was much lower than I thought. 

Edited by Menor

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No i thought My Big Fat Greek Wedding-like legs. Is that too much to ask for

I’m so confused.  $141,461,000,000 domestic seemed like such an achievable goal a few days ago

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1