sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

think should do over 40 million friday for sure. 

Be suprised if it does below that. 

I'd be very surprised. I was thinking 45-47 before the lower than expected Thursday number. Now I'd say 42-43. We'll see.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Long Shot is going to have insane wom. I don't know how strong its going to open but it's going to be a crowd-pleaser for sure. It's an old-school romantic comedy with the classic Seth Rogen vernacular tossed into it. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen are so good and they have fantastic chemistry and it's one of the funniest films I've seen probably ever. It's too bad Lionsgate didn't promote it a bit more because they could have had a really big hit on their hands.

I saw it on Wednesday and concur. 

I wish there was a little more marketing, because they need to start relatively large with all the competition coming up if they want it to leg out. I'm hoping for 15+ million this weekend.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I'd be very surprised. I was thinking 45-47 before the lower than expected Thursday number. Now I'd say 42-43. We'll see.

Business looks great this weekend but how much a can a film make in its 2nd weekend lol 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Business looks great this weekend but how much a can a film make in its 2nd weekend lol 

We're talking about Avengers: Endgame here.

Forget everything that you think you know.

• Haha 1

I know this movie has really enjoyed to shit on usual box office rules so far, but i want to say one thing before maybe a lower than expected Friday number comes and everyone screems disappointment:

This movie will break 500M today. It will break 600M over the weekend, That is just a TON of demand beeing burned. Maybe Endgame will continue to defy all expectations, but i think theres also the possibility that it comes down back to earth a tiny bit this weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Far From Home's second trailer probably hits Monday, so that would seem like a given to be with Detective Pikachu... unless they're so serious about spoilers that it won't show in theaters for awhile longer.

2 hours ago, Sindreee said:

Monday would be my guess aswell, as the Russo’s said the Endgame spoiler hammer lifts on Monday. I’m expecting a very different trailer compared to the first one.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Yea I heard Spider-Mom Far From Home is getting a trailer next week and it'll be attached to Pikachu. 

This is from Trailer Track btw 

With the Russo Brothers' comments about 'the spoiler deadline ending on Monday' for EG, I think we can say that the FFH trailer dropping on Monday is a certainty.

Speaking of which, that kinda implies that there will be EG spoilers in said trailer.  So if anyone on/lurking in this thread is still somehow unspoiled, might want to keep that in mind before watching said trailer.

(yes, I am well aware of board policy on spoilers, thanks. ;))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Been checking the business at my local theater for A:EG and the late afternoon through evening shows are all going strong.

Anecdotal to be sure, but I'm still going with:

Fri 44.16 (+105%)
    64.91 (+47%)
    50.63 (-22%)

2nd Weekend: 159.7 (-55%)

Total after 2nd WE: 633.57  

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-annabelle-comes-home-plus-post-avengers-updates/

Annabelle Comes Home: 35-45 range. 39/101

Pikachu: 55-79 (-18%)/215 (-14%)

Aladdin: 66 (-18%)/185 (-16%)

Jeez.

Another huge win for TCU.

If it scores decent reviews, I'm pretty sure it comes close to TN on OW with a total above TC1. The Warren's link is going to help a lot as long the movie is good.

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

RAWRRRRR. Kal has joined deadline.

Friday Midday: Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is stepping all over everyone with an estimated $44M second Friday, -72% from a week ago (which included $60M previews), on its way to $137M-$177M, a second weekend take that will easily best the $114.8M second FSS of Avengers: Infinity War. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Also from Deadline

Lionsgate’s Long Shot looks to be debuting with double digits of $11.2M off a $4.1M Friday. That’s just under The Spy Who Dumped Me‘s $12M which critics were so-so on at  49% Rotten and misfired off a $40M production cost. Given how well Long Shot plays with audiences and the reviews, Lionsgate hopes that this R-rated comedy does better.

Fine in regards to its low $5M production cost is Screen Gems’ Deon Taylor-directed thriller The Intruder with $10M. Now STXfillms’ UglyDolls is living up to its title adjective with a $7.2M-$9.5M opening off a $2.3M Friday at 3,652 theaters. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1