sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

Honestly, let’s wait for our Asgardians. Deadline has no idea of what the number is. I think they just took the Thursday number and gave it the same multiplier as AIW. Their range is a CYA move. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

12 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Decimating Wide Entries With $137M-$177M Second Weekend, Will Cross $600M In Record 10 Days

That range :hahaha:

With an estimate $44m Friday? This isn't that fucking hard Deadline.  $137m?  No way does a Marvel movie have a 3.11 multi in it's second w/e.

Try $155-170m

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

$137M-$177M is an embarrassment to Deadline...they'd have been better off just picking a number, like $157M, and owning the movie going higher or lower, than say, "welp, we're pretty much putting out the range that this movie cannot miss ever this weekend"...

Of course, I didn't pick a number for Endgame this weekend, so maybe they didn't have anyone's info to steal (this is a joke - really they needed to read Charlie, but he didn't give one yet in this thread, either:)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does a 40M range take the cake as the most useless Deadline update so far? Like what's the point of even releasing that, it tells us literally nothing.

Edited by dakus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

With an estimate $44m Friday? This isn't that fucking hard Deadline.  $137m?  No way does a Marvel movie have a 3.11 multi in it's second w/e.

Try $155-170m

of course its possible they overestimated friday. So they are covering all the bases. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dakus said:

Does a 40M range take the cake in the most useless Deadline update so far? Like what's the point of even releasing that, it tells us literally nothing.

Gotta get those HEADLINES

1 minute ago, dakus said:

Does a 40M range take the cake in the most useless Deadline update so far? Like what's the point of even releasing that, it tells us literally nothing.

And it can still be wrong if it overperforms for whatever reason

The only useful thing Deadline said which is pretty much theaters will be looking to appease the other studios after last weekend ticked them off...which is what I expected, and which is why I saw so many of my area locals holding over movies, even for single showings, that they would have probably punted this weekend normally...

" In this type of marketplace with the Russo Brothers-directed pic, it’s Darwinism: If your pic isn’t selling enough for a particular showtime at a multiplex, a theater manager will easily hand it over to an Endgame screening that has overfill. This was rampant last weekend, upset many major studios, and will likely occur into this weekend even though distribution execs and exhibition have contracted promises."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Y'know, percentage wise, Deadline's 7.2-9.5 range for UglyDolls is actually wider than the Endgame one. :lol: 

That was also a crappy call...but they have to slowly move off their earlier double digits expectation, so they are gonna watch it fall slowly through the weekend and hope we don't notice:)...

• Haha 1