sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

2 minutes ago, Durden said:

Disney-Marvel’s “Avengers: Endgame” will continue obliterating records this weekend as the superhero blockbuster heads for at least $175 million in North America, early estimates showed on Friday.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-second-weekend-record-1203204621/

Finally some good fucking number

Endgame will make money this weekend in the triple digits.  The first number will start with a 1.  The second number will  be 4-7 And the third number will be 0-9.*

*Submits resume to Deadline

Edited by DAR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Damn, it can have anywhere from a 50% drop to a 61% drop.  Thanks Deadline.  Really telling us a lot.

I know right LOL pure genius analysis on their part.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Durden said:

Disney-Marvel’s “Avengers: Endgame” will continue obliterating records this weekend as the superhero blockbuster heads for at least $175 million in North America, early estimates showed on Friday.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-second-weekend-record-1203204621/

I'd like them to actually provide what Friday number their working with. If it's over 50 that makes sense; if it's the same $44M Deadline has than they're giving it a better IM than Black Panther's second weekend, which I just don't see coming close to happening.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I can see the next update from Deadline going like,

Just received a text from Dean on my celly. Endgame is dying fast. Its not going to catch the juggernaut. Only Juggernaut 2 can do $3-5B WW.

And don't forget Keyser buddy, use mom Tech like me to predict tonight's daily lotto. And make sure you say a prayer for Mariah Carey who had toe surgery yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Durden said:

This is unfortunately equally useless like the Deadline range since they dont provide a Friday number.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The only useful thing Deadline said which is pretty much theaters will be looking to appease the other studios after last weekend ticked them off...which is what I expected, and which is why I saw so many of my area locals holding over movies, even for single showings, that they would have probably punted this weekend normally...

" In this type of marketplace with the Russo Brothers-directed pic, it’s Darwinism: If your pic isn’t selling enough for a particular showtime at a multiplex, a theater manager will easily hand it over to an Endgame screening that has overfill. This was rampant last weekend, upset many major studios, and will likely occur into this weekend even though distribution execs and exhibition have contracted promises."

TBF That was to be expected with a film that demolished box office records and I imagine cinema operators will make it up to the other distributors in the coming weeks when Avengers dies down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I'd like them to actually provide what Friday number their working with. If it's over 50 that makes sense; if it's the same $44M Deadline has than they're giving it a better IM than Black Panther's second weekend, which I just don't see coming close to happening.

I completely agree. They should give the number on which they are basing their estimate. I’ve noticed a lot of times, Variety piggy-backs Deadline. This time, they chose to go with the higher end of the Deadline range. We definitely will have to wait a few hours for Rth and Charlie. Either way, the number will be monstrous! 

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

$175m would be great, but I’m just gonna wait for something real to come down the pipe. 

But we have Deadline. Dont you trust them?

• Haha 2

One (Deadline) doesn’t know how to do math, while the other (Variety) said fuck math, I’m just gonna throw out an estimate.

Both are hilarious. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

Some 2nd wknd internal multiplier comps for all 1st-half-of-year MCU releases, listed in roughly descending order of how valuable I think they are:  

good:

IW  114.8/31.45=3.65

TA 103/29.22=3.52

AoU  77.75/21.23=3.66

Dubious:

GotG2  65.3/16.5=3.96

BP 111.66/28.8=3.88

CM  68/19=3.58

IM3 72.5/19.7=3.68

Use with extreme caution, provided only cause I had some time to kill:

CW 72.6/19.6=3.7

IM2  52/15.1=3.44

Thor 34.7/9.14=3.8

IM1 51.2/14.9=3.44

TWS 41.3/11.87=3.48   

Tl;dr Should be 3.5-3.7 in all likelihood.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3