sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

61-62.5 Sat gonna make 2nd weekend record a real tight contest.

Wonder if Disney gonna bite the bullet for once and estimate 150M to both claim the record and the milestone.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Wonder if Disney gonna bite the bullet for once and estimate 150M to both claim the record and the milestone.

Cut Dumbo s ears or lower Carol Denvers powers and make it happen Disney.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

they are going to take off $1M from Captain Marvel and give it to Endgame 

49 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Some exclusive (?) numbers I got from a french guy who has access to Comscore :

Tickets Sold Worldwide for :

Infinity War 203 292 058

Endgame :      167 002 954    so far (don't know the exact day tho)

:shades:

EDIT : These numbers seem to be wrong according to our Gods.

Don't mind them.

:(

I don’t think your number for infinity war is accurate, I saw a similar number for Jurassic world, 202M admissions and it would mean that the average ticket price worldwide is higher than a few countries in Europe like Spain or France and similar to NA, even a little more actually. It can’t be the final number.

44 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I don’t think endgame will have a 45-46 % drop from 2nd to 3rd weekend like the first avengers and infinity war 

1st avengers the 3rd weekend movie that released that weekend was battleship at 25 million which bombed 

infinity war 3rd weekend biggest movie made 17 million a Melissa McCarthy’s 

endgame 3rd game 

The movie releasing on 3rd weekend is bigger than the other 2 movies by a lot 

But it’s the opposite un week 4, IW had Deadpool 2.

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Cut Dumbo s ears or lower Carol Denvers powers and make it happen Disney.

5 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

they are going to take off $1M from Captain Marvel and give it to Endgame 

Whatever it takes.

• Like 3

So does Disney estimate 150M tomorrow for the headlines of them breaking the record, or do they play it safe and estimate >149M instead so they don't look like a fool if it misses?

32 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

I don’t think your number for infinity war is accurate, I saw a similar number for Jurassic world, 202M admissions and it would mean that the average ticket price worldwide is higher than a few countries in Europe like Spain or France and similar to NA, even a little more actually. It can’t be the final number.

not even remotely even just Intl way higher

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If you don't mind, I will like to see where he said that because comScore don't track admissions in many countries.

Also, just admissions of China, Mexico, India and USA will be more than 167mn Approx with China being around 77mn, India 20mn, Mexico 18mn and USA around 55mn till Saturday 

Actually they do get admits in 80+ markets/territories and Numero does as well in most they are in.

• Like 6

Just a hunch Disney is going to go with 147 or 148 in the morning. I guess they would like the headline or milestone, and it doesn’t really mean anything if it’s only actuals that push it over. They just always seem to overestimate the Sunday drop with this huge movies

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just a hunch Disney is going to go with 147 or 148 in the morning. I guess they would like the headline or milestone, and it doesn’t really mean anything if it’s only actuals that push it over. They just always seem to overestimate the Sunday drop with this huge movies

Disney had TFA's opening weekend at 238 on Sunday morning when everyone else had it at 241-246. (Sun Morn update [#11])

Of course it had already smashed the then record by that time, so apples and oranges.

They had Endgame at 350m on Sunday morning when Deadline had it at 359.

And for Infinity War they had it at 250, though since Deadline did write-throughs that time, I don't remember what their Sat Night estimate was.  But that would be above TFA's then record so again a bit apples and oranges.

Now they might go for a 150 estimate for the headline.  But they also might go for a lower estimate and then try for a second round of positive press when it 'beats' the estimate.

If it was literally any other studio, I'd say they would go for the headline, guaranteed.  But Disney can be a little coy with these things. 

However, it being close enough might be too tempting not to go for 150.  Then again, they might not like the chance of it coming under afterwards.

Find out soon enough. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2