sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

I expect Disney to report under TFA's second weekend. They have always been the most conservative studio in reporting numbers and seldom overestimate even if it means getting to report a record. They have never seemed to be interested in overestimating just so they could report a record number.

We are looking at about 102.1 (40.6+61.5) though Saturday so AE needs about 47.12 Sunday. That would mean a sub 24% drop.

I don't think they will be willing to go with that low of a Sunday drop. an IW 2nd Sunday drop would get it there but i'm not sure it can do that.

That 3 hours run time (not including all the previews) makes for a very late night if you are in any show after about 8 pm and with no schools or work off I have a hard time believing those will be well attended.

it would be cool if AE can get the 2nd weekend record but man is it going to be close. I'm more inclined to say no than yes, but it is possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clouseau said:

I read that repeat business on Endgame is 85% up on Infinity War. Is this quantifiable in $ numbers? Will it add up to much after a couple of months play?

Welcome to the forums.

No, repeat business is not quantifiable in dollars. It is however a clear sign that the movie resonates very well with audiences which is an indication that its later legs will be very good.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood47 said:

It seems Avatar might be an easier goal to pass worldwide than TFA domestically. 

It always was. Avatar WW is definitely dead.

TFA was never a lock and it will be in question at best after the next couple weeks dependent upon final legs.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I'll like to congratulate Avengers: End Game on the biggest weekend drop of all time of over two hundred million!

Im sure Disney is crying in a corner. That corner is made out of the 2 Billion dollars that Endgame has already earned btw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'll like to congratulate Avengers: End Game on the biggest weekend drop of all time of over two hundred million!

Yeah, Endgame is such a beast that almost no movies could match its 2nd weekend drop even if they fell all the way to a $0 2nd weekend!     

Might set a record high 3rd weekend drop as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It always was. Avatar WW is definitely dead.

TFA was never a lock and it will be in question at best after the next couple weeks dependent upon final legs.

agree we will know  about dom after the 4 weekend

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

But Endgame was supposed to be the chosen one with One Billie Dom and 3 Billies WW ...

I was lied to ...

:(:angry::ohmyzod:

There is another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You could not live with your own failure of a box office club..

What has it lead you tooo

Mockery..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

why are people are so obsesed with the fucking sec weekend record, it doesnt matter if the weekend will be 150 or 148 , it wont affect the legs any more

Personally, it's because it goes beyond the numbers when they're this big. it IS about the records and #1.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Alita had its chance...

Alita was so close to 4B WW, it only missed by 3,6 Billies ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Honestly, this couldn't drop more than Homecomings 62% 2nd weekend drop got me shocked given how much it made in the opening week 

it will have around 57-58 % drop very good 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

That and the bigger the Thur Previews, normally the bigger w/e to w/e drops.   Only BP on that list had over $11m previews

Just listing the actual weekend drops.

Spider Man didn’t even have Thursday previews. Black Panther opened on a holiday weekend too. 

1 hour ago, tawasal said:

How come isn’t Batman 1989 or The Incredibles 2004 not in this list? They both dropped 25,7% and 28,7% respectively.

I clicked on BOM’s list of “super saturated” so Batman wasn’t on it. 

Incredibles isn’t live action