sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

What happened to Deadline's early bold estimate of 180m 2nd weekend? They bailed out of that quickly didn't they. 

They bailed out of that quicker than i did trying to cook Lasagne today. Ive had the worst luck with noodles in the last few days.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I'd like them to actually provide what Friday number their working with. If it's over 50 that makes sense; if it's the same $44M Deadline has than they're giving it a better IM than Black Panther's second weekend, which I just don't see coming close to happening.

That will be too much of a work for them to bother with. 

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

They bailed out of that quicker than i did trying to cook Lasagne today. Ive had the worst luck with noodles in the last few days.

I gave up on them long ago. My sister (17) makes them for me and delivers them to me. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

@tawasal, what’s your sig from?

I don't really know I have also been looking for a quite a while today and still haven't found where it's exactly from. But I found it on someone's tumblr. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, dakus said:

I honestly think Endgame broke the box office. Has anyone tried turning it off and starting it back up again to see if that fixes anything?

Just wait for pika pika!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Those weren't Deadline's estimates, its what they were hearing from their sources. The whole industry was out its mind after that opening, and with everything seemingly going right for AEG (plus the great track record of A+ cinemascores) and the lack of comps, industry insiders were feeling a little bit too bold....

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Know I'm in the minority but I'd be a lot interested in Pikachu if Pikachu just made variations of hos normal sounds and wasn't vouched by any actor.

He freaking adorable and then Ryan's voice comes out of him and it becomes creepy.

• Haha 2

Saw Infinity War last night an alright movie for what it is. But Endgame taking over screens like crazy! So it should definitely pull at least over $155 million this weekend. So I’m guessing this weekend it outgrosses the first Avengers film! 

The Long Shot looks good... but the movie probably won’t make blockbuster numbers. Comedies involving politics are a gamble, probably the big hit involving that was back in 1983 with Trading Places but involved the stock market. But still comedies with politics or elections don’t sell as well.  But it won’t be a drastic failure it sounds like.

The Intruder always sounded like a film that would pull $60-$70 million back in the 90’s. But it’s too late for this crazy stalker Sony stuff. When The Bough Breaks couldn’t even make $30 million for. crying out loud. 

Uglydolls looked like a stinker from the start, it looked unoriginal and unfunny. It will be another dud for STX after The Best Of Enemies just squeezing right at its budget. 

On a more serious note, this movie's run has been absolutely mindblowing and I will personally be satisfied with pretty much anything that's over the TFA's second weekend. I'm still rooting for it to pass Avatar ww and TFA dom and as many have pointed out it doesn't even need particularly great legs for that. As amusing this has been I just hope it doesn't suck the air out of all the smaller movies like Long Shot or Pikachu next weekend.

I couldn't get anyone to rewatch Endgame with me so I decided to go by myself, what I usually don't do because (tmi) I have anxiety issues and don't like going to places where there are lots of people and I may have to talk to strangers, but I thought that if you just have to show the ticket on your phone on the door it wouldn't be that bad. Good news: I got a ticket for the sunday! Bad news: because I haven't ordered tickets online before and also because I'm apparently a fucking idiot I accidentally ordered a default option crappy seat in the back corner. You can apparently change your seat but you need to go the theater and ask on the spot. So now I have to go there tomorrow and talk to cashier and explain to them that I'm a dumbass which is pretty much my worst nightmare. Things I will do for this stupid franchise... 😑 I feel like I'm preparing for a battle. Pray for me.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, bleachella said:

On a more serious note, this movie's run has been absolutely mindblowing and I will personally be satisfied with pretty much anything that's over the TFA's second weekend. I'm still rooting for it to pass Avatar ww and TFA dom and as many have pointed out it doesn't even need particularly great legs for that. As amusing this has been I just hope it doesn't suck the air out of all the smaller movies like Long Shot or Pikachu next weekend.

I couldn't get anyone to rewatch Endgame with me so I decided to go by myself, what I usually don't do because (tmi) I have anxiety issues and don't like going to places where there are lots of people and I may have to talk to strangers, but I thought that if you just have to show the ticket on your phone on the door it wouldn't be that bad. Good news: I got a ticket for the sunday! Bad news: because I haven't ordered tickets online before and also because I'm apparently a fucking idiot I accidentally ordered a default option crappy seat in the back corner. You can apparently change your seat but you need to go the theater and ask on the spot. So now I have to go there tomorrow and talk to cashier and explain to them that I'm a dumbass which is pretty much my worst nightmare. Things I will do for this stupid franchise... 😑 I feel like I'm preparing for a battle. Pray for me.

Whatever it takes 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Really hoping for 178 now. The only thing funnier than Deadlines range would be seeing it miss :ph34r:

It could also be 136M :ph34r: