sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I doubt SW9 does even $1b WW, this franchise is dead and buried across the whole Asia/LA. And even in traditional markets, the saturation is already visible, TLJ already dropped over 50% in LC pretty much everywhere, but it had lucky to have a better ER to make up these decreases.

J2 OS > SW9 OS.

we will see in few months,.... ROTJ and ROTS both were up from second part.... can't see TROTS doing 650 DOM and ONLY 350 OS,
I would love to see your math behind this logic that it will not even do 1b WW

M.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

I'm not sure this keeps a full screen next weekend at 12s and under, even in its 2nd weekend...I'd expect Pika pulls a morning show off, and Endgame (after giving up screens) might pull a nighttime one away...

This is the issue of having 4 wide openers next weekend, one which is projected to go high double digits, while still dealing with a looong movie that also will go high double digits...all these not-really-good-OW-performers are gonna get killed on showings/screens in May...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

RIP titanic,

Titanic will be always remembered as a better film than EG, fight me..

They re so different.

Why can't we love both a lot ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 4

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No, it's the usual Disney underestimate.

That is what I was referring to. They are specifically underestimating enough that it still just beats titanic, and anything over with the actuals is gravy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

Should finish with about 430 million. Way better than where people thought it would end a month ago.

It had a beautiful late draft off AEG  which should have been expected since BP had the same off AIW.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

7KDZnan3Wu9Iy6nCUP1XWaJ9ZO7Vx8q2Pos0sRKF

So...it has finally happened. After 22 years of a long record-streak, a non-James Cameron movie eventually outgrossed a legendary & historical movie directed by the legend himself, in worldwide grosses.

Hope James doesn’t take it negatively that Titanic was finally outgrossed by a blockbuster directed by someone else.

2 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

So 43.8m Sunday is Disney's estimate?

3 1 (estimate)

$40,637,000

88.6% / -74.2%

4,662 / $8,717

$514,531,638 / 8
4 1 (estimate)

$61,426,000

51.2% / -43.8%

4,662 / $13,176

$575,957,638 / 9
5 1 (estimate)
$43,741,000
$145,804,000
-28.8% / -51.6%
- / -59.2%
4,662 / $9,382
$31,275
$619,698,638 / 10

Putting IW, TFA and Titanic in a ditch on the same weekend.

I stand corrected with the OS hold, that’s better than I expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So...it has finally happened. After 22 years of a long record-streak, a non-James Cameron movie eventually outgrossed a legendary & historical movie directed by the legend himself, in worldwide grosses.

Hope James doesn’t take it negatively that Titanic was finally outgrossed by a blockbuster directed by someone else.

James hoping for Avengers fatigue Cameron taking this well?

:rofl: