Jump to content
sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

Recommended Posts

Lol I am watching it tn with my gf then my cousins at 10am on Saturday...

 

 

Then i won't watch it till Netflix as I be avenged out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

2nd weekend over Civl War :jeb!:

:bourne:Jesus Christ...that’s optimism from Fabio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

:bourne:Jesus Christ...that’s optimism from Fabio

So it's actually going above Ultron then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol I am watching it tn with my gf then my cousins at 10am on Saturday...

 

 

Then i won't watch it till Netflix as I be avenged out..

Endgame is Disney+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bleachella said:

On a more serious note, this movie's run has been absolutely mindblowing and I will personally be satisfied with pretty much anything that's over the TFA's second weekend. I'm still rooting for it to pass Avatar ww and TFA dom and as many have pointed out it doesn't even need particularly great legs for that. As amusing this has been I just hope it doesn't suck the air out of all the smaller movies like Long Shot or Pikachu next weekend.

 

I couldn't get anyone to rewatch Endgame with me so I decided to go by myself, what I usually don't do because (tmi) I have anxiety issues and don't like going to places where there are lots of people and I may have to talk to strangers, but I thought that if you just have to show the ticket on your phone on the door it wouldn't be that bad. Good news: I got a ticket for the sunday! Bad news: because I haven't ordered tickets online before and also because I'm apparently a fucking idiot I accidentally ordered a default option crappy seat in the back corner. You can apparently change your seat but you need to go the theater and ask on the spot. So now I have to go there tomorrow and talk to cashier and explain to them that I'm a dumbass which is pretty much my worst nightmare. Things I will do for this stupid franchise... 😑 I feel like I'm preparing for a battle. Pray for me.

Leave it to me. As you can see last weekend with the whole 357M ordeal, my prayers can be real effective.

 

Still, best of luck 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Know I'm in the minority but I'd be a lot interested in Pikachu if Pikachu just made variations of hos normal sounds and wasn't vouched by any actor.

I wouldn't be able to stand a minute of such a movie; it's why I was so turned off from the anime. Animal noises I can deal with, but them repeating variations of their names is just so grating for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bleachella said:

On a more serious note, this movie's run has been absolutely mindblowing and I will personally be satisfied with pretty much anything that's over the TFA's second weekend. I'm still rooting for it to pass Avatar ww and TFA dom and as many have pointed out it doesn't even need particularly great legs for that. As amusing this has been I just hope it doesn't suck the air out of all the smaller movies like Long Shot or Pikachu next weekend.

 

I couldn't get anyone to rewatch Endgame with me so I decided to go by myself, what I usually don't do because (tmi) I have anxiety issues and don't like going to places where there are lots of people and I may have to talk to strangers, but I thought that if you just have to show the ticket on your phone on the door it wouldn't be that bad. Good news: I got a ticket for the sunday! Bad news: because I haven't ordered tickets online before and also because I'm apparently a fucking idiot I accidentally ordered a default option crappy seat in the back corner. You can apparently change your seat but you need to go the theater and ask on the spot. So now I have to go there tomorrow and talk to cashier and explain to them that I'm a dumbass which is pretty much my worst nightmare. Things I will do for this stupid franchise... 😑 I feel like I'm preparing for a battle. Pray for me.

 

Youre in the Endgame now

  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sam said:

It could also be 136M :ph34r:

Could it though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was only expecting to see this 3 times at first, but randomly found myself in a showing tomorrow and now have a 4th and 5th scheduled in IMAX. Whoops. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Perfundle said:

I wouldn't be able to stand a minute of such a movie; it's why I was so turned off from the anime. Animal noises I can deal with, but them repeating variations of their names is just so grating for me.

Just bores me that it's Ryan Reynolds doing Ryan Reynolds. Like Bill Murray as Garfield. Assume most of the other Pokemon will only do their goofy noises at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nerfy said:

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Decimating Wide Entries With $137M-$177M Second Weekend, Will Cross $600M In Record 10 Days

That range :hahaha:

It could go either way.  Endgame has already burned an insane amount of demand but we're also in the Endgame.  Gonna go with 120-210m this weekend.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It could go either way.  Endgame has already burned an insane amount of demand but we're also in the Endgame.  Gonna go with 120-210m this weekend.

I wouldn't try to narrow it this tight, while 100M$ is certainly guaranteed, beat IW a second time is also in the cards.

 

100M-258M$

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgame's probably going to set the record for the biggest real-dollar drop from first to second weekend. TLJ fell 149m, and IW 143m. (I think the next two are HP8 and BvS)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElsaRoc said:

Endgame's probably going to set the record for the biggest real-dollar drop from first to second weekend. TLJ fell 149m, and IW 143m. (I think the next two are HP8 and BvS)

 

Like i said in the last weekend thread, the film could literally loose 200M weekend-to-weekend and still break the record for highest 2nd weekend gross LOLS.

  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wait. What happens to IW if EG goes to Disney+? Or the other marvel movies for that matter 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Endgame's probably going to set the record for the biggest real-dollar drop from first to second weekend. TLJ fell 149m, and IW 143m. (I think the next two are HP8 and BvS)

Leave it to this movie to break even the worst kind of records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Wait. What happens to IW if EG goes to Disney+? Or the other marvel movies for that matter 

IW will come to Disney+ eventually. Once it wraps up its run on Netflix in a few months, it'll be available on Disney+ sometime in 2020

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I would check out my local theater to see how things look tonight for both Avengers and The Longshot.

 

Here are the shows that are left for tonight.  Walk ups should be heavy at my theater.

 

A:EG          
2D 6:05 162 209   77.51%
  6:40 167 209   79.90%
  7:00 137 155   88.39%
  7:30 122 154   79.22%
  8:00 142 152   93.42%
  9:00 77 97   79.38%
  9:20 75 152   49.34%
  9:50 12 209   5.74%
  10:30 10 209   4.78%
  10:45 24 155   15.48%
           
3D 6:20 39 60   65.00%
  8:30 38 100   38.00%
           
    1005 1861   54.00%
           
Longshot        
  6:45 49 100   49.00%
  7:45 40 98   40.82%
  9:30 10 100   10.00%
  10:30 0 98   0.00%
           
    99 396   25.00%
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Wait. What happens to IW if EG goes to Disney+? Or the other marvel movies for that matter 

Every Marvel movie will eventually go on Disney+.   Captain Marvel will be the first to air there for it's November launch

 

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/disney-plus-every-tv-show-movie-coming-to-new-disney-streaming
  • Captain Marvel
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 3
  • Thor: The Dark World

The following will be available within the first year: 

  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Black Panther
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Iron Man 2
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Endgame's probably going to set the record for the biggest real-dollar drop from first to second weekend. TLJ fell 149m, and IW 143m. (I think the next two are HP8 and BvS)

A small price to pay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.