sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

24 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

What competition are we talking about?  It's had two consecutive weeks unopposed. I'm far from a "Cameron-stan".   If I had to watch End Game right now or Titanic right now I'd choose End Game,  I find it to be more enjoyable.  I think Titanic is a better made film but not one that holds the same replay value for me.  Trying to paint  everyone as a "stan" is concerning.  That is only going to further crater the discourse. 

You're stupid ‘concern trolling’ with Captain Marvel and now Endgame is getting on my nerves and most everybody else’s nerves as well. Knock it off.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

.....surely a little bit of a discussion about that isn't in violation of the rules?

Did you actually read through all the threads that get infected by this?

Especially annoying every time a movie only nears to every chart position possible, not only this time

Including in the China sub-forum, in OS, in every weekday, weekend..... thread?

And 'a little bit' is not pages over pages within the same thread, the weekend thread is not only being filled with post on Sunday....

Why do you all insist on doing it in a thread that is about actuals and not in 'your' threads?

To me its a forced on thing:

either to have to go through all of it (I tend to read every post in the dailies even if I do not post) or to add a lot of people on ignore I'd actually prefer not to put on ignore

7 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

As if Oscars are indicative of quality?

I am hardly a fan of Titanic. I do prefer End Game over Titanic, but, I will admit that Titanic is the superior film in terms of quality and did earn it's accolades. Titanic, most dominating movie of it's time, and also had the most dominating soundtrack of it's time.  End Game is a good movie, but it's soundtrack will be no where near the legendary status of Titanic, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or Bodyguard were. 

Just now, Warhorse said:

I am hardly a fan of Titanic. I do prefer End Game over Titanic, but, I will admit that Titanic is the superior film in terms of quality and did earn it's accolades. Titanic, most dominating movie of it's time, and also had the most dominating soundtrack of it's time.  End Game is a good movie, but it's soundtrack will be no where near the legendary status of Titanic, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or Bodyguard were. 

What a random dig. A single wasn't even released from the Endgame Soundtrack.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ent said:

All their breakthrough successes have been validated and recognized as such from the get go, without being conditionned by their career pre or post it successful or not.

Because their movies before weren't Me, Myself, and Dupree and a few episodes for a comedy tv show. Plus, as I said. None of them made a film that was part of a committee controlled, popular IP. Even Chris Nolan and James Cameron who did direct a film that was part of a popular IP fully controlled those kinds of projects and made those IPs actually popular. For all I know, the Russos didn't even direct a substantial amount of Endgame (which was done by second unit directors and pre-viz teams instead).

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I think he's referring to the demise of romantic films the past few years, not the adjusted for inflation thing. If Titanic were to release in 2019, who knows what it will make.

Yeh and what Endgame would’ve made in 1997 lol. 

We just have to go with the flow. It’s so much more different now than it used to be. 

There were no previews, midnights, IMAX, Superscreen, 3D, 4DX, Dolby, International markets were smaller, no social media, no online advertising. 

You literally had to go check a newspaper to see what times Titanic was playing at.

It’s amazing how much it’s changed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Titanic was the biggest film of it's decade and End Game will be the biggest film of this decade. They both dominated their respective times. And lmao at soundtrack being used as an argument.  Titanic had a song with Celine Dion, the best selling female artist of all time, the woman that sold 60 million albums in the span of 2 years prior to Titanic. She could have farted on a track and it would have gone diamond.

Perhaps End Game should have asked Beyonce, Britney Spears or Adele to sing their theme song? 

tenor.gif?itemid=13149742

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I am hardly a fan of Titanic. I do prefer End Game over Titanic, but, I will admit that Titanic is the superior film in terms of quality and did earn it's accolades. Titanic, most dominating movie of it's time, and also had the most dominating soundtrack of it's time.  End Game is a good movie, but it's soundtrack will be no where near the legendary status of Titanic, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or Bodyguard were

Cmon lol. Of course no soundtrack is going to be bigger than those mentioned. This is a different era. Point out the cable channel that plays a song 20 times a day like MTV did in the 90s lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think Intruder is more of a thriller, like No Good Deed, than horror. 

Interesting

Its listed as:

drama, horror, mystery at IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6722030/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

If you scroll down to the longer genre versions list, there it got thriller added as a 4th genre

They usually list the genre per 'split'/ weight

I have not seen even one piece of advertisement for it, hence why I had to look it up 😉

6 minutes ago, chrysalism said:

you can certainly do all that in the Weekend Thread but this is the Endgame Weekend Thread, created this friday to talk about the numbers for Avengers: Endgame specifically, if you want to discuss about Titanic and Avatar vs Endgame, I'm pretty sure the both the weekend thread and the fanwars thread will be far more welcoming to these kind of arguments than this one.

That's the weekend prediction thread lol. Not this weekend's thread. This weekend didn't start in 2014. This thread is for all the movies releasing this weekend. I have no clue what OP was talking about but this thread isn't just about Endgame's weekend numbers. You can talk about Uglydoll's terrible OW too if you want.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeadShot said:
2 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,188.7 $619.7 28.3% $1,569.0 71.7% 2019
3 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^

“Thanos sinks the Titanic” These are the headlines that will be everywhere. In the GA's mind End Game won. Ya'll can keep arguing about inflation while Marvel polishes it's crown.  RIP Titanic. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13149742

And maybe in as little as 18 months there's going to be another film that will talk and game. And if it doesn't happen in 18 months it'll be five years. And if it's not five years will be another decade.  With the rising costs or ticket prices there will always be another film that breaks the record eventually. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Using a movie’s BO total as validation for it being “better” than another movie is kind of dumb tbh.  The whole argument is really

Avengers Endgame is better than Roma.

YUp !

I wins the Interwebz !

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Avengers Endgame is better than Roma.

YUp !

I wins the Interwebz !

Well.... it is 🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1