Brainbug

Monday numbers: Endgame 10,7M

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think 35% is possible for an increase but the only reason why it might not be that high is because I Max is still playing pretty strongly throughout the week. So the increase in IMAX might not be as much as you needed to be to get that 35% Tuesday increase.

That sounds reasonable.  Still trying to get the hang of this.   Maybe this would be a better projection:

Mon   10.7   -76%

Tue     13.9   +30%

Wed     9.5    -32%

Thu      9.0    -5%

Weekdays:   43.1

Fri     18.4    +105%

Sat    30.6    +66%

Sun   20.2    -34%

Weekend:   69.2

Total after 3rd WE:  733.5

Edited by Sue Denim
  • Like 2

@Sue Denim you're doing just fine LOL there's so many mitigating factors to consider when it comes to Tuesday increases and Monday increases and so on and so on. There's only been a few times in history of film where a movie is playing so strongly in IMAX that it muted the Tuesday increases. This is obviously one of those times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same. I want 80, thinking 72-76 imo probably a bit under 75.

It could best IM3 and CW 2nd weekend with it’s 3rd weekend. 

• Like 1

Early estimates, green font estimates, when changed to black = those will be finals

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/05/06

- (6) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $325,000 -69% 2,540 $128   $48,627,610 18
- (8) Shazam! Warner Bros. $205,000 -73% 2,521 $81   $135,453,748 32

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

With 736-740M total after the next weekend, this is going to leg it out past 900M.

Anti climatic if true. Would be crappy if it falls a few million short of 936 million

14 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

Honestly, even if EG drops like that next weekend, it’s fine. I want to see Endgame/Pika fighting to take #1, it’s more interesting that way.

Probably my fav 2 movie game to watch was JW and IO. That was probably as close a back and forth as I can remember that went on for quite some time.

• Like 1

Standard drop for Monday. 

As we had already learned with 357 and 147, EG third weekend will either be 77M or 67M. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Probably my fav 2 movie game to watch was JW and IO. That was probably as close a back and forth as I can remember that went on for quite some time.

being honest the fact it could even reach TFA numbers show how much IW expanded the MCU fanbase. 

• Like 1

Thursday evening its losing 7PM PLF(not imax) shows in many markets. That will have some impact as the peak evening shows have been the best grosser for endgame. But friday its getting back all PLF shows for the evening time. But it will stop playing in crazy number of screens starting this weekend. There is no need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

I think it will be more then few milions,.... I see it finishing around 885

With super horrible late legs worse than IW maybe. Still think 900-915 seems more reasonable. Not close to 936 though, likely 30 million less or more.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

What kind of admissions are we looking at with a final gross around $900M? I don’t remember if TFA’s admissions were ever exactly stated. I know that before it though you had TDK and Avatar with both around 75 million in ticket sales. Even with 3D and all the premium formats $900M has to be around like 80-85M tickets right?