Brainbug

Monday numbers: Endgame 10,7M

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Now that the December 2020 slot is empty, might worth a try to finally get a Marvel movie in there just to see how it would do?

Disney has Cruella slotted for December 2020. Releasing a Marvel movie during that month is unlikely.

• Like 1

2020 is officially the least exciting box office year ever, 1 year delay for Avatar 2 just like that? Another Year!!!!  <_<

Dec 18, 2020 was a great slot...

Oh well, just have to be patient for another 2 and half years...

2020 will be interesting in the sense that we won't see a bunch of films fighting for 2B, they'll be fighting for 1B.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

check the post 2 positions above yours 😉

Ah, I see. There are too many date changes I got lost lol.

Although I don’t think it’s entirely a good idea to release a movie about skinning puppy alive on a family’s holiday, but what do I know.

At this point, we’ll never get to see a Marvel movie in December ever then. 

33 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Is Pikachu a bigger competition to EG compared to Deadpool 2 to IW last year?

DP2 and IW are both superhero genre but different rating while Pikachu being a different genre but similar rating(PG vs PG-13) 

Yes because DP2 came out in IWs 4th weekend while Pika Pika is coming in Endgame’s 3rd (plus Endgame being bigger means there’s more audience in the 3rd weekend for Pika to take away).

Endgame is facing quite a bit more competition going forward than IW did imo.  Doesn’t necessarily mean legs going forward will be better or worse 

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Is Pikachu a bigger competition to EG compared to Deadpool 2 to IW last year?

DP2 and IW are both superhero genre but different rating while Pikachu being a different genre but similar rating(PG vs PG-13) 

DP2 was way bigger competition. DP2 did probably 2x the business that Pika will do, and there's more audience overlap between MCU and DP than MCU and Pika.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tawasal said:

You need this to make a sense out of it. 

Thanks, makes a lot more sense, explain why they can place an SW movie in Dec 2024.

but also that means they will have Avatar and SW alternating on the pre-Christmas Weekend from 2021 to 2027 (that are 7 years).

Big question is what will move to December 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

$11.1M? Higher actuals?

Looks like TFA's back on the menu boys!

Or is that how it is around here? :ph34r:

Back to 10.7?

Crumbling. Looks like 700M's back on the menu boys!

• Thanks 1

haha or ugh, $%$§ I need my break or I think I go insane (imagining the different reactions)

Disney just dropped around 30 release date changes as they incorporate Fox into their master plans--I imagine every other studio in Hollywood just cancelled lunch plans for today.

• Like 1

Disney release date announcements got our forums traffic real popping and frenzy on a Tuesday.

Edited by Sam
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wait Avatar 2 got delayed again??

LMAO.

Yep. 😛 wonder which will actually be released, this or New Mutants? Lol

Last weekend my Mom told me that my nephew wanted me to take him to see End Game.  I was kind of shook; kid isn't into The Avengers.  I don't even know if he's seen any of the movies.  He is, though, OBSESSED with Pokemon.  I thought I was gonna take him to see Detective Pikachu.  

So this weekend, we're hanging at my house re-watching the Avengers before we went to see AEG on Monday.  I was ADAMANT he needed to watch The Avengers.  (I didn't make him sit through Winter Solider, but I did show him the HIGHLIGHT REEL.)

I asked him, "Hey, how come we're not going to see Pokemon?"

He replied, "Oh, I'm not into Pokemon anymore.  No one is into it anymore at school.  Everyone thinks it's lame.  I gave all my Pokemon cards to my sister."

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

And to complete his betrayal, he did tell me that Stark and Hulk are his "favorite" Avengers.  

I'm just like:

giphy.gif&key=9521a1c2388ff6563d03e92ac0

So, on Monday, we went to see the movie on the IMAX screen.  The 4PM was about 80% full.  He liked the movie, but was super quiet on the car ride home.  (Will post details in the Spoiler Thread.)  He also said the screen was too big, which made me

:whosad:

He never goes to the movies and I wanted to give him something crazy special. I was like, Man, I hope I didn't eff this up.  I texted his Mom and she said he was just "tired, but had a blast."  Phew.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 7
  • Knock It Off 1

Tracking "EG" made me forget how "Awakens" got to damn near 750 by Day 17.  But 10.7 is straight.  Again the battle comes when the competition comes in.  Obviously this weekend is the first test as Pika is the wildcard.  Also I just saw those release dates.  So the next 9 Christmas's it's gonna be:

(2019-2027)

Star Wars

Non Star Wars/Avatar

Star Wars

Star Wars

Star Wars

Image result for James Cameron George Lucas

Edited by filmscholar
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Disney are a scourge on cinema

Aaaaand here we go!

No in all honesty I'm disappointed too. A2 was far and away the big event of 2020. There really isn't much to look forward to in that year now, especially during Christmas holidays.