CaptainJackSparrow

The Lodge | New Horror | Februrary 7, 2020

Been looking forward to this ever since we got the first trailer last spring! Looks very good! I hope there's enough buzz leading up to this that NEON opens this wide alongside Birds of Prey, though like I said in my last post, I doubt it. If it gets enough traction in limited release then maybe it goes wide later? We'll see.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Wow, this has a lot of potential, if it were under the BH brand, it could've crossed $100m DOM.

It does look great, doesn't it? I feel like there are two types of horror films: the cheesy kind and the kind you can take seriously. This looks more Ari Aster than a cheap Blumhouse kind (not hating on Blumhouse horrors, I'm a sucker for those too!).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Wow, this has a lot of potential, if it were under the BH brand, it could've crossed $100m DOM.

From what I’ve heard of the actual film: no chance. It is not mainstream. At all. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I can not wait to see this! I hope it plays in a theater near me!

Me too! Not holding out hope though. Anyone know anything yet about the rollout? Guess we'll have to wait until The Numbers' theatre count article on Thursday.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 4:36 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wide release?

Waiting for The Numbers' theatre count article. Should drop any time now. I don't think so, though. We would have heard more by now if it was going wide.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

On Blu-ray forum, people are saying this movie is getting a wide release on february 21st

Cool! I hope so. That would be the same weekend on which The Which released in 2016 (February 19), except that was a wide debut.

• Like 1