grim22

Moonfall | February 3, 2022 | Lionsgate | Roland Emmerich | Movie about the moon on a collision course with Earth | Not releasing in Canada

On 9/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, Lucas said:

This is gonna be the worst thing ever made. I can't wait.

I will use my earplughs on my Galaxy to listen to music while I watch the boring setup and stupid, badly written dialogue, and pause the music to enjoy the sound effects when the scenes of massive destruction come on..only reason to watch a typical Emmerich film.

Let's face it, Emmerich blows things up real good, but other then that he is hopeless as a director.

On 9/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

He tried branching out, but no nobody wanted literary conspiracies or measured accounts of history from Emmerich (The Patriot was a long time ago). Even his "Die Hard at the White House" attempt underperformed compared to the B-version that came out the same year. Might as well stick to his specialty of hilariously stupid doomsday movies...

I would not call "THe Patriot" measured history. It;s is full of stupid bloopers. When it came our, Revolutionary War reenactment sites had a lot of fun ripping up the inaccuracies and the stupidties.

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I would not call "THe Patriot" measured history. It;s is full of stupid bloopers. When it came our, Revolutionary War reenactment sites had a lot of fun ripping up the inaccuracies and the stupidties.

I was really referring to Stonewall with that comment, though that wasn't terribly realistic either. The Patriot was a hit at least, Emmerich's other takes on history, not so much.

I wonder if The Asylum has made their ripoff version of Moonfall already...

7 hours ago, Wormow said:

I was a huge apocalyptic movie fan growing up - loved 2012. But after seeing this trailer... yeah, I think we need to put that genre on rest for a while.

Problem is I think Emmerich took the apolcalyptic movie genre about as far as it go with "2012". He destroyed almost the entire world in that one. He is seems to be doing it again with this one, an it;s old hat the second time around.

And that as a director Emmerich can blow things up real good but when it comes to writing and charecters he is hopeless does not help matters.