terrestrial

Tuesday May 7 - AEG12.518 LS1.38 Intruder1.33 Ugly708.8k BT560k LaLorona458k CM394 Shazam!294k Little193 Code Geass173

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

If you wish to create another never ending debate, go ahead find some others....

I will consider Titanic be slaughtered if EG can make 1b domestic. If not, I will just take that Titanic was slaughtered by inflation + insane OS market expansion, which will soon kill EG too      

can you just stop with your bullshit and take the other guy and go on another thread ? thank you

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, john2000 said:

can you just stop with your bullshit and take the other guy and go on another thread ? thank you

To be fair that titanic remark was uncalled for

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

How long you have been here? You still need other to tell you if 17% tuesday's up is good?   

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If you wish to create another never ending debate, go ahead find some others....

I will consider Titanic be slaughtered if EG can make 1b domestic. If not, I will just take that Titanic was slaughtered by inflation + insane OS market expansion, which will soon kill EG too      

Gtfoh will your b/s. Just sour grapes bc Endgame is annihilating Titanic at the box office!

12 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

So Endgame will become the highest grossing movie ever with (just) 4 markets above $100m

Avatar has 10, Titanic has 5 (+1), TFA is the only other with 4.

On the other hand, I think only 11 markets (Dom, China, Japan, India, France, UK, Germany, South Korea, Russia, Spain, Australia (only Avatar did)) ever managed that.

And it's the first movie with two markets above 400, 500 and 600m.

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

So Endgame will become the highest grossing movie ever with (just) 4 markets above $100m

Avatar has 10, Titanic has 5 (+1), TFA is the only other with 4.

On the other hand, I think only 11 markets (Dom, China, Japan, India, France, UK, Germany, South Korea, Russia, Spain, Australia (only Avatar did)) ever managed that.

And it's the first movie with two markets above 400, 500 and 600m.

There’s a very slim chance with Brazil, despite the trash ER. Probably just 4 though, yeah.

Just now, titanic2187 said:

How long you have been here? You still need other to tell you if 17% tuesday's up is good?   

He is not that long here, but long enough to know extreme high openers can behave in patterns varying from the average patterns.

Pushy pushy, huh?

KJSooner started it with the provoking post, I understand that, so its a bit unfair to react only to you.

But: you are not on e.g. my ignore list, KJSooner is = difficult to give a not cool to him (I see the BS only per quotes)

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Feel like too much attention was paid to my “+17% is pretty weak” post and not enough to my “still seems headed for low 900s” post 🤔

i didnt see that, still my point stand we are too early in the run yet, the movie could crush and burn and not even hit 820 or could hold well enough and hit 920+ we just dont know yet, so (now i am talking  generally) to react to everything and change  the predictions that some people do here (again speaking generally) so quickly if the drop is good or bad then that is ....

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

Big drop from Monday for the international number. SK probably played a big part as monday acted like an extended weekend day.

same with uk too, the drop is fine

https://www.boxofficepro.com/daily-update-avengers-endgame-global-overseas-domestic/

Wednesday, May 8 Update: Disney estimates this morning that Avengers: Endgame added $12.5 million domestically and $21.7 million internationally on Tuesday, bringing the respective cumes to $644.5 million and $1.628 billion. Globally, the Marvel epic’s running tally now stands at $2.273 billion.

The film remains the #2 overseas and global earner of all time, now standing 20 percent behind Avatar‘s final $2.0275 billion overseas finish and 18.5 percent behind its final $2.788 billion global finish.

Domestically, Endgame remains in 7th place all-time, next looking to pass Jurassic World‘s $652.3 million final gross for sixth place this week. The film’s 12-day earnings are 36.5 percent ahead of where Infinity War stood at the same point ($472.1 million). Based on a similar trajectory, that keeps Endgame on pace to finish with more than $900 million domestically this summer — which would be second only to The Force Awakens‘ $936.7 million.

International breakdowns through Tuesday:

Cume to Date

Tue

China

$585.4M

$4.3M

UK

$96.6M

$1.1M

Korea

$88.3M

$1.2M

Mexico

$63.8M

$1.0M

Brazil

$61.2M

$1.7M

India

$54.6M

$1.1M

Germany

$48.3M

$0.7M

Australia

$47.9M

$0.6M

France

$45.3M

$1.3M

Japan

$37.6M

$0.9M

Russia

$36.8M

$0.8M

Indonesia

$31.5M

$0.5M

Italy

$29.8M

$0.3M

Philippines

$29.6M

$0.4M

Spain

$25.7M

$0.3M

Hong Kong

$24.0M

$0.4M

Thailand

$23.6M

$0.0M

Taiwan

$23.5M

$0.4M

Malaysia

$18.8M

$0.2M

Other

$255.9M

$4.4M

Total

$1,628.2M

$21.7M

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

If the ER was not trash, it would passed $100M already

If ER was not trash we’d be talking about the first movie to hit 200M in 3 different markets :whosad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the movie could crush and burn and not even hit 820

So, I’m generally a fan of not giving excessively narrow ranges early in a run, but excessively broad ranges aren’t good either. This isn’t possible outside of a meteor or other huge external shock.