Oscar Y5 Poll Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will win Best Picture?

• 24 Hours
    • Bambi: A Life in the Woods
    • The Rich and Famous
    • The Scavenger Wars: Part II
    • A Woman in the Crowd
  2. 2. How excited are you for the Oscar ceremony?

• "I'm So Excited" -- The Pointer Sisters
    • I am excited for the ceremony to a reasonable degree.
    • Eh; I'm excited to an extent...
    • No, Not Really, No
    • I don't even know why I'm here, because I'm the OPPOSITE of excited...

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

You were always going to win something tbh, not sure why you had the need to panic.

I started to worry after the Sound Mixing loss because I misremembered the first movie winning that award when it was actually Sound Editing.

5 minutes ago, Slambros said:

PREVIEW #3

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to ugly cry while reading this aren't I?@A Panda of Ice and Fire

• Thanks 1

Back to back Original Song performances! Dua Lipa and Andrea Bocelli come onstage to perform "Still Breeze". And the crowd goes wild!

Then Haley Joel Osment and Frank Dillane come onstage, representing Sabrina.

Haley Joel Osment: In our film Sabrina, a military uniform plays a central part in the story.

Frank Dillane: I bet the costume people had to have it washed pretty often.

Haley Joel Osment: Hey, that's only kinda funny.

Frank Dillane: Well, costumes are very integral to filmmaking as a whole.

Haley Joel Osment: Here are the nominees for Best Costume Design.

Spoiler

CRUSADER

Spoiler

LIFE OF GALILEO

Spoiler

O, MAESTRO!

Spoiler

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN

Spoiler

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Frank Dillane: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

LIFE OF GALILEO

Costume Designer: I didn't expect this at all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Shameik Moore and Hailee Steinfeld represent Artifacts: Rise of the Crest.

Shameik Moore: In our film Artifacts: Rise of the Crest, our characters travel to dangerous places to reach an urgent goal.

Hailee Steinfeld: But there's people who must create those places that are seen on the screen.

Shameik Moore: Here are the nominees for Best Production Design.

Spoiler

CRUSADER

Spoiler

THE EPSILON SYNDICATE: UNION OF THIEVES

Spoiler

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN

Spoiler

Spoiler

YIN

Hailee Steinfeld: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

Production Design: Creating the planet of Khouga has been an important part of my life! I'll always cherish my time working on these films!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PREVIEW #4

Spoiler

*An elevator descends down a tunnel, opening up into a subterranean laboratory*

Blaine (Rutger Hauer) *voiceover*: The world has never seen the like of this before.

*Blaine walks through the laboratory, which is full of computers running tests and scientists making observations*

Blaine *voiceover*: Our understanding of Pokemon stands on the brink of a seismic shift

*He enters the chamber we saw him in in the first teaser, filled with vats and tubes and capsules*

Blaine *voiceover*: With this discovery, there is no limit to what we can accomplish

*We get a similar shot to the one in the first teaser of him staring at a capsule filled with liquid, in which Mewtwo lies dormant*

*We cut to an observation room with windows overlooking a testing chamber of sorts. Mewtwo is in the chamber, and we see in the observation room Blaine, Mr. Apollo (Rufus Sewell), Ms. Atlas (Emily Mortimer), and Giovanni (Jared Harris). Giovanni leans in close to the window with anticipation*

Giovanni: Show me.

*Logos appear for Numerator Pictures, and The Pokemon Company*

*We’re in Pallet Town, at Stephanie’s house, with her (Angourie Rice) and her mom Kristen (Amy Acker) in the kitchen*

Kristen: You know, with the Pokemon League around the corner, I thought it’d be good if we took some family time. You know, relax and enjoy ourselves.

Stephanie: I don’t know Mom, I still have a lot of training to do.

Kristen: Come on, Cinnabar Island. We’ll relax on the beach, walk the boardwalk, all the tourist stuff.

*Janine (Yun Lin) pokes her head in from another room*

Janine: Beach vacation? I’m down.

*Misty (Sophie Turner) pokes her head from the opposite side as Janine*

Misty: Don’t forget me.

Stephanie *sighs*: Okay, let’s go.

*We see several shots of the four on a cruise ship sailing to Cinnabar Island, them on the boat deck, the ship arriving at Cinnabar, the four exploring the boardwalk and the sights, relaxing on the beach*

*Stephanie is walking by herself on the Boardwalk when she bumps into someone hurrying alone. It’s Bill (Tom Hiddleston)*

Stephanie: Bill! What are you doing here? Taking a break too?

Bill: Well…you know…not exactly.

Stephanie: …my vacation is about to get cut short, isn’t it.

*Before Bill can answer there is the sound of an explosion and the island rumbles, putting people into a panic*

THIS FEBRUARY

*We see Professor Oak (Bill Nighy), the Elite Four (Riz Ahmed, Angela Bassett, Isla Fisher, Dolph Lundgren), and most gym leaders (John Boyega, Josh Holloway, Constance Wu, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hannah John-Kamen) assembling in a conference room*

Professor Oak: Team Rocket’s plans are worse than we anticipated.

*shots of Blaine, scientists, and Rockets in his Cinnabar lab*

Professor Oak: They’ve found a way to create a new Pokemon. Something with far more talent than anything we’ve ever seen before*

*Shot of Mewtwo in the test chamber, unleashing a wave of psionic energy that crumbles test dummies into dust*

Lance (Riz Ahmed): So how do we stop them?

*Shot of Mewtwo outside, levitating up in the air, eyes glowing, as energy surrounds various objects like cars and levitating them as well*

Professor Oak: I don’t know if we can.

WITNESS THE CONCLUSION

*On Cinnabar Island we see Stephanie, Bill, Janine, Misty, Kristen, and Gary Oak (Art Parkinson) in a hotel room*

Bill: We don’t have a lot of time, and I wouldn’t ask if there was any other way. But if we don’t find out what’s going on, everyone we know could in danger. And I can’t do it alone.

*Stephanie looks at everyone else, who silently nod*

Stephanie: We’re in.

OF THE KANTO TRILOGY

*Stephanie and Gary ride down a Cinnabar street on the back of Minos, her Tauros*

*Misty surfs on her Starmie, her Psyduck peeking out from over her shoulder, while Stephanie uses her Gyarados, Leviathan*

*Gary throws a Pokeball out of which a Ninetales springs*

*Janine has a video call with Koga (Sanada) and with some emotions puts a hand on the screen*

*Bill and Kristen are exploring a run down mansion, with flashlights, cobwebs and dust everywhere*

Kristen: Are you sure there’s no one else in here?

Bill: Absolutely positive, not a soul.

*He steps on a wooden board that makes a loud creak. He and Kristen freeze, and then we see in the area one set, two sets, five sets, ten sets of Pokemon eyes open*

Bill: Okay, time to run.

*Cut to Stephanie, Gary, and Janine racing through caverns and tunnels, dodging blasts of fire and energy from something pursuing them*

*Stephanie stands on a catwalk, facing down Mr. Apollo and Ms. Atlas, who smirk*

*Misty and Brock (Boyega) tag-team some Rocket goons, Brock using a Steelix to wrap up opposing Pokemon while Misty’s Togetic (evolved form of Togepi) swoops overhead, dropping sparkling dust that puts the Pokemon to sleep*

*Stephanie on the Cinnabar boardwalk by herself, a young man (Ryan Potter) by her as they lean out on the railing*

Stephanie: I think I’m in over my head, and I don’t know how I can climb out of this and keep everyone all right.

Man: Trust yourself, trust your friends, and *pointing at her Pokemon on the beach* trust them. That’s all you can do. And it’ll work out.

*Stephanie smiles*

*We see Bill and others in Blaine’s lab, which is in shambles, signs of a struggle and explosions*

Bill: I don’t know what possibility is worse, if they’ve figured out how to use it…or if it’s out of control.

*Mewtwo, hovering in the air somewhere, fires a blast of energy that meets a jet of fire head on and blocks it*

*brief cut to black, then the screen opens on a massive stadium, the Pokemon League*

Giovanni *voiceover*: I’ve waited far too long for this.

*the stadium rumbles and people in the stands panic. The Elite Four and various Gym Leaders stand up from their spots, ready for a fight*

*An airship passes overhead and Rocket goons rappel down into the stadium, using gadgets to stun Pokemon in the area*

Giovanni *voiceover*: The world will know it has entered a new era of Pokemon.

*cut to Stephanie on the ground of the stadium, facing down Giovanni, who twirls the Masterball in his hand*

Stephanie: This has to stop. This isn’t worth putting all these lives at risk.

Giovanni: Well let’s see what this has to say about that

*He throws the Masterball and Mewtwo springs out, eyes blazing with energy. It fires a psionic blast at Stephanie, who dodges*

*We see shots of Pokemon battling in the arena area, with various characters dodging explosions, energy blasts, etc as they try to fend off Team Rocket*

*A shot of Stephanie and Gary hiding behind a corner, holding hands, they look at one another*

*A shot of Mewtwo radiating out a wave of energy that stuns many people and Pokemon in place*

*cut to black for a couple seconds. Giovanni says in voiceover: None of you stand a chance*

*we cut back to the arena area, Stephanie, Misty, and Brock taking shelter behind some debris*

Stephanie: That thing packs way too much firepower.

Misty: Good thing we have backup incoming

Stephanie: Backup?

Brock: An old friend

*At that point a couple Rhyhorn charging where they are get knocked back by an explosion of fire. Stephanie looks up to see diving down in the glare of the sun is the shadow of a dragon…a Charizard, which does a wrestling powerbomb landing on top of the Rhyhorn in a cloud of dust. As the dust settles, a person walks out of the dust, Ryan Potter’s character. Ryan Potter, with a smile, puts on a very familiar-looking baseball cap, and an even more familiar small yellow mouse-like Pokemon crackling with electricity hops onto his shoulder*

Pikachu *from the shoulder of Ash Ketchum*: PI-KA-CHU!

POKEMON: THE CINNABAR CONSPIRACY

*Stephanie, Gary, Misty, Brock, Janine, and Ash stand on the ground of the stadium, looking up at something*

Gary: It’s going to be almost impossible to fly up near there

Ash: So we don’t fly. *he looks at Stephanie, who is next to Silva, who is by this point a Venusaur* She have a cannon for an arm?

Stephanie *smiles*: You bet she does. *She looks over her shoulder*: Buckle up you three.

*Cut to Io her Growlithe, Psyduck, and Pikachu looking confused*

Psyduck: Psy?

*Cut to Psyduck and Pikachu on Io’s back holding on as Silva wraps Io up in its vines and whirls her around incredibly fast before flinging Io up into the air at immense speed, Pikachu and Psyduck holding on for dear life*

Psyduck: PSY-YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI!

*cut to the three Pokemon in mid-flight on their descent curve, Io shooting a jet of fire from her mouth, Psyduck letting out a beam of psychic energy, and Pikachu surrounded by electric energy sending a blast of electricity forward, before the screen cuts to black*

FEBRUARY 18, YEAR 6

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

Current Win Tallies:

Bambi: A Life in the Woods- 2 (Sound Mixing, Visual Effects)

The Scavenger Wars II- 2 (Production Design, Sound Editing)

24 Hours- 1 (Original Screenplay)

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves- 1 (Use of Action)

Life of Galileo- 1 (Costume Design)

Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From the Queen- 1 (Makeup & Hairstyling)

A Woman in the Crowd- 1 (Adapted Screenplay)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Slambros said:

PREVIEW #4

Reveal hidden contents

The hype train to Kanto is coming @4815162342

• Like 2

Just now, Reddroast said:

@4815162342 is (spoiler) the character for the thing I'm planning

Yes, that is who I had in mind for your thing.

Spoiler

The Pokemon Spinoff I mentioned in my Roundtable Posts in the Magazine Thread is to be Ash, Misty, and Brock on their own side adventure.

• Astonished 1