Oscar Y5 Poll Questions  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which film will win Best Picture?

• 24 Hours
    • Bambi: A Life in the Woods
    • The Rich and Famous
    • The Scavenger Wars: Part II
    • A Woman in the Crowd
  2. 2. How excited are you for the Oscar ceremony?

• "I'm So Excited" -- The Pointer Sisters
    • I am excited for the ceremony to a reasonable degree.
    • Eh; I'm excited to an extent...
    • No, Not Really, No
    • I don't even know why I'm here, because I'm the OPPOSITE of excited...

PREVIEW #5

Spoiler

Endless Entertainment 

Endless Animation 

We open in a live action world as we see Guy (James Marsden), an overworked business man who has no time for his family, in a rather over the top fashion, also feeling fake.

From the creators of Can You Imagine? and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Guy: Sorry, Jr. I can’t attend your championship basketball game tonight, I have a very important and rather melodramatic meeting to attend.

This Summer

We then cut to a figure sneaking into the back of Guy’s house by the trash can as Guy contemplates his life choices. Guy, humorously with a baseball bat, walks outside to see a computer animated and realistic Randy Raccoon (voiced by Kevin Hart), wearing a backwards SnapBack.

Randy: What up dawg!

Guy: What The....

The Fur Will Fly

We see Randy get into some typical live action/CG hybrids with beloved cartoon characters as it is revealed he is on the run for the government as we see him dabbing and twerking.

We then hear the real Randy Raccoon (John Mulaney) demands to stop the trailer as we see him traditionally animated ala the characters from Looney Tunes: Back In Action in a Paperman style realistically animated world on set as the rest of the people inside the studio set are animated in cel-shaded 2.5D Animation.

Randy Raccoon: What was that?! 

Randy is absolutely furious as he has a complete diva rampage, knocking over sets, humiliating interns, and stopping at the crafts table to grab a bite as he eats a piece of fruit and then spits it out realizing it’s honeydew.

Randy Raccoon: No computer generated, wannabe cool, celebrity voiced (there’s a pause as a terrified intern whispers into his reminding Randy, he too is voiced by a celebrity), sorry famous celebrity voiced bag of stripes can replace me. I’m the reason why you can’t show violence in cartoons anymore. Look, I’ll show you.

We then see Randy whistles as a series of Looney Tunes style hijinks as a series of studio equipment as well as a piano fall on him, he then blows himself back to normal size as he walks further away as we see a string attached to his foot hurling him around the studio into lights (electrocuting him), loosing all of his teeth hitting a camera and being flattened by the film strips. Randy then eats a hot dog which is actually a piece of dynamite causing him to explode and leaving himself charred.

We then cut through a bunch of snippets of the movie.

• Ashley (Olivia Cooke), a young lawyer in her 20s (Ashley is animated similarly like the people in Paperman but in color), winding up in Cartoon Corner, the epicenter of the cartoon world as Kai (Sean Schemmel), an anime inspired wolf humanoid with super human strength lifts her up... that cause her to fly into the cartoon sun as winds crashing down into the ground, flat as a pancake.

Kai (sheepishly chuckles): Sorry! That was a bit too much strength.

• W0-RY (Danny Pudi), a lanky yet somewhat blocky orange robot (think C3-PO meets WALL-E) leaping into the arms of his creator Chai Chu (Nicki Yang), who looks like a mix of Velma from Scooby-Doo and Diane from Bojack Horseman as she sighs annoyed. (Both of the characters are animated in a 1960’s Hanna Barbera style) in the Paperman style real world

• The toon squad are at a party as Ashley loosens up as she and Princess Amira (Bex Taylor-Klaus), a rather outspoken princess animated in the style of a Disney movie sing karaoke as we see a group of forest critters bobbing their heads and a few holding lighters

• An absolutely furious media company mogul, William H. Grubb (Alec Baldwin) has a hissy fit over sharing any sort of money

• The toon squad then heads to court as they prepare to sue William H. Grubb walking in slow motion as Ashley just walk at normal speed.

and finally

• We then see a fun car chase as Ashley, Pete (James Rolleston), W0-RY, Chai, Kai, Randy, and Princess Amira as they are on the run from Grub’s goons as the SUV our heroes are in, is propelled by an energy blast from Kai sending them flying off a bridge and above the clouds as they’re suspended in mid air for a few seconds

Randy Raccoon: I’ve seen and been in this before a dozen times, we aren’t making it.

The SUV then humorously falls as everyone screams

Toons V The World

Randy Raccoon is humorously in stitches, a body cast and wounded as he comes back from the trailer shoot.

Randy Raccoon (winded): See! Now which one did you enjoy?

We then see a group of 6-10 year old kids watching.

Kid 1: How come you didn’t dab?

Kid 2: The Other one was funnier.

Randy then humorously collapses into a pile of rubble. Randy then lets out a frustrated sigh as we hear him ranting and raving over the title card.

July 29th Y6, in RealD and Dolby Cinema

• Like 6

Zendaya sings the first verse and chorus of "What Christmas Means to Me". Celine Dion sings the second. And during the third, they tearfully stare into each other's eyes and they go full duet mode for the third. It's a real moment.

Ana de Armas and Dan Stevens walk onstage, representing Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From the Queen.

Ana de Armas: Music fills our lives with joy.

Dan Stevens: That's why film is better with music.

Ana de Armas: Here are the nominees for Best Original Song.

Spoiler

"MADE OF STONE" (MEDUSA)

Spoiler

"THE SECRET'S INSIDE" (TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS)

Spoiler

"STILL BREEZE" (THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II)

Spoiler

"THERE IS ANOTHER" (BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS)

Spoiler

"WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME" (OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER)

Dan Stevens: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

"THE SECRET'S INSIDE" (TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS)

Songwriters: Very happy to be able to represent Two Lonely Bounty Hunters on the Oscar stage.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, Slambros said:

PREVIEW #5

Hide contents

Endless Entertainment 

Endless Animation 

We open in a live action world as we see Guy (James Marsden), an overworked business man who has no time for his family, in a rather over the top fashion, also feeling fake.

From the creators of Can You Imagine? and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Guy: Sorry, Jr. I can’t attend your championship basketball game tonight, I have a very important and rather melodramatic meeting to attend.

This Summer

We then cut to a figure sneaking into the back of Guy’s house by the trash can as Guy contemplates his life choices. Guy, humorously with a baseball bat, walks outside to see a computer animated and realistic Randy Raccoon (voiced by Kevin Hart), wearing a backwards SnapBack.

Randy: What up dawg!

Guy: What The....

The Fur Will Fly

We see Randy get into some typical live action/CG hybrids with beloved cartoon characters as it is revealed he is on the run for the government as we see him dabbing and twerking.

We then hear the real Randy Raccoon (John Mulaney) demands to stop the trailer as we see him traditionally animated ala the characters from Looney Tunes: Back In Action in a Paperman style realistically animated world on set as the rest of the people inside the studio set are animated in cel-shaded 2.5D Animation.

Randy Raccoon: What was that?! 

Randy is absolutely furious as he has a complete diva rampage, knocking over sets, humiliating interns, and stopping at the crafts table to grab a bite as he eats a piece of fruit and then spits it out realizing it’s honeydew.

Randy Raccoon: No computer generated, wannabe cool, celebrity voiced (there’s a pause as a terrified intern whispers into his reminding Randy, he too is voiced by a celebrity), sorry famous celebrity voiced bag of stripes can replace me. I’m the reason why you can’t show violence in cartoons anymore. Look, I’ll show you.

We then see Randy whistles as a series of Looney Tunes style hijinks as a series of studio equipment as well as a piano fall on him, he then blows himself back to normal size as he walks further away as we see a string attached to his foot hurling him around the studio into lights (electrocuting him), loosing all of his teeth hitting a camera and being flattened by the film strips. Randy then eats a hot dog which is actually a piece of dynamite causing him to explode and leaving himself charred.

We then cut through a bunch of snippets of the movie.

• Ashley (Olivia Cooke), a young lawyer in her 20s (Ashley is animated similarly like the people in Paperman but in color), winding up in Cartoon Corner, the epicenter of the cartoon world as Kai (Sean Schemmel), an anime inspired wolf humanoid with super human strength lifts her up... that cause her to fly into the cartoon sun as winds crashing down into the ground, flat as a pancake.

Kai (sheepishly chuckles): Sorry! That was a bit too much strength.

• W0-RY (Danny Pudi), a lanky yet somewhat blocky orange robot (think C3-PO meets WALL-E) leaping into the arms of his creator Chai Chu (Nicki Yang), who looks like a mix of Velma from Scooby-Doo and Diane from Bojack Horseman as she sighs annoyed. (Both of the characters are animated in a 1960’s Hanna Barbera style) in the Paperman style real world

• The toon squad are at a party as Ashley loosens up as she and Princess Amira (Bex Taylor-Klaus), a rather outspoken princess animated in the style of a Disney movie sing karaoke as we see a group of forest critters bobbing their heads and a few holding lighters

• An absolutely furious media company mogul, William H. Grubb (Alec Baldwin) has a hissy fit over sharing any sort of money

• The toon squad then heads to court as they prepare to sue William H. Grubb walking in slow motion as Ashley just walk at normal speed.

and finally

• We then see a fun car chase as Ashley, Pete (James Rolleston), W0-RY, Chai, Kai, Randy, and Princess Amira as they are on the run from Grub’s goons as the SUV our heroes are in, is propelled by an energy blast from Kai sending them flying off a bridge and above the clouds as they’re suspended in mid air for a few seconds

Randy Raccoon: I’ve seen and been in this before a dozen times, we aren’t making it.

The SUV then humorously falls as everyone screams

Toons V The World

Randy Raccoon is humorously in stitches, a body cast and wounded as he comes back from the trailer shoot.

Randy Raccoon (winded): See! Now which one did you enjoy?

We then see a group of 6-10 year old kids watching.

Kid 1: How come you didn’t dab?

Kid 2: The Other one was funnier.

Randy then humorously collapses into a pile of rubble. Randy then lets out a frustrated sigh as we hear him ranting and raving over the title card.

July 29th Y6, in RealD and Dolby Cinema

Is is too late for me to change the name to Toons V Reality?

Armie Hammer and Joaquin Phoenix walk onstage, representing Green Lantern Corps: Rise of the Manhunters.

Joaquin Phoenix: So what's the score?

Armie Hammer: Well, I'm doing alright.

Joaquin Phoenix: No, Armie. What's the score?

Armie Hammer: Oh! I see what you're asking!

Joaquin Phoenix: Here are the nominees for Best Original Score.

Spoiler

MICHAEL GIACCHINO (THE EPSILON SYNDICATE: UNION OF THIEVES)

Spoiler

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD (THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II)

Spoiler

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD & NICHOLAS BRITELL (BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS)

Spoiler

JEREMY SOULE (SYLVARIUS)

Spoiler

AUSTIN WINTORY (YIN)

Armie Hammer: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

JEREMY SOULE (SYLVARIUS)

Jeremy Soule: Very happy to have been able to make music for such an interesting cinematic project! Thanks to all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

PREVIEW #6

Spoiler

(All lines of dialogue are voice-overs.)

We fade to a long shot of a meteor that is hurling towards the S.S. Dolphin.

“My name is Captain Olimar.”

We cut to the shot of Olimar, who is inside the S.S. Dolphin; the meteor strikes the ship, jerking the image violently. Olimar’s eyes bulge out as if he’d been hit during a game of Smash Bros—he struggles to regain control of his ship. Red emergency lights flood the interior.

From the ship’s outside, we see flames envelope the exterior of the ship as it hurls through the atmosphere of a mysterious planet.

Cut to black.

“I’ve been stranded on a mysterious planet.”

Cut to shots of Olimar waking up on the ground of the planet, and him finding the damaged S.S. Dolphin in his line of sight.

NEW JOURNEY PICTURES and NINTENDO present

The image slowly dollies in. Olimar writes a letter in a journal on the staircase of the S.S. Dolphin—there is a field in the background, and a Red Onion is floating down, carried by the wind like the seed of a daffodil.

“The planet’s oxygen is poisonous to me. I have thirty days to find the scattered parts before I run out of clean air.”

The Red Onion lands in the field—this grabs Olimar’s attention.

from the director of MY LIFE AS A ZUCCHINI

Olimar waddles to the Red Onion—he is sore afraid.

“A strange thing appeared before me. Then it dropped a single seed.”

A cone-shaped ray of blue holographic light beams down from the Red Onion, and a seed is dropped from the device into the soil below.

And at astonishing speed, a green leaf sprouts from the ground, its source waiting to be plucked.

“This sprout… I couldn’t help but think it was calling to me. I am compelled… I must…”

A full body shot of Olimar, its angle rising higher as he walks toward the sprout, uncertainty spread across his face…

DANIEL RADCLIFFE is CAPTAIN OLIMAR

We cut to Olimar pulling on the leaf as one would pull a radish from the soil.

He pulls with strength, and the leaf’s life form is freed—it flips in the air as it lands behind Olimar, who struggles to maintain his balance.

He turns toward the life-form…

And we see that it’s a Red Pikmin. It stands on the ground, his gaze transfixed on the captain, as its leaf sways in the breeze.

Captain Olimar quietly gasps in wonder.

Cut to black.

Extraordinary.

We cut to a resting Red Bulborb (a common enemy species in Pikmin) as it is alerted to an incoming presence.

Olimar storms up to the monstrous being; a loyal army of Red, Blue, and Yellow Pikmin follow him closely.

Olimar beings throwing Pikmin at the Bulborb.

The Pikmin latch onto the Bulborb, and the Bulborb bares its fangs in offensive rage.

The final shot falls from normal pace to slow motion as the shot recreates the image from the box art of the first Pikmin game: Olimar throws a Pikmin, the Bulborb thrashes, and Pikmin scatter about in wide-eyed fear.

Cut to black. The title fades in, and an oboe sounds the main jingle.

PIKMIN

Cut to the release date.

06 / 01 / Y6

• Like 5

Letitia Wright and Ryan Potter walk onstage holding hands.

Ryan Potter: It'd be a crime to not present the award for Best Cinematography.

Letitia Wright: You're hilarious.

Ryan Potter: That's because our characters thwart crime-committers in The Epsilon Syndicate.

Letitia Wright: That's why the joke is funny.

Ryan Potter: Right.

Letitia Wright: Yeah.

Ryan Potter: Here are the nominees for Best Cinematography.

Spoiler

BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS

Spoiler

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN

Spoiler

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Spoiler

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Spoiler

YIN

Letitia Wright: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

Cinematographer: 'Tis no surprise that the cinematic language is recognized when the film is of such high caliber.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taron Edgerton and Charlie Heaton come onstage, representing One Punch Man.

Taron Edgerton: You know what makes a movie great?

Charlie Heaton: What?

Taron Edgerton: Editing.

Charlie Heaton: I agree!

Taron Edgerton: Here are the nominees for Best Film Editing.

Spoiler

24 HOURS

Spoiler

Spoiler

THE EPSILON SYNDICATE: UNION OF THIEVES

Spoiler

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Spoiler

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Charlie Heaton: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

24 HOURS

Editor: aaaaaaaannnnnd CUT!

• Like 4

PREVIEW #7

Spoiler

We open inside of a dark cavern, lit sparsely by the flickering of dim fire somewhere off-screen. Hunched at the far end of the rocky tunnel, barely visible, is a woman (Elle Fanning) in a purple dress with long, white hair, her face buried in her folded arms. A man (Dylan Minnette) with raven-black hair and pale blue skin approaches the crouching woman, dressed in a full formal suit, coattails and all. His clothes are tattered and covered in dust and tears. He reaches a hand out to the woman, and she looks up at him, unsure. The sudden sound of rapid footsteps nearby prompts her compliance. She takes his hand and stands, the pair turning and running down another branch of the caverns.

The disembodied voice of another woman (Kou Shibasaki) speaks, her words echoing softly through the cavern and the veil of memory:

“None of those wretches were FORCED to do anything!”

Cut to the white-haired woman, Willow, locked inside a subterranean prison cell, its walls carved out of the jagged, gray bedrock. There is a child standing in front of the bars, clutching a simple, hand-stitched doll and crying. Her skin is red, her hair the deep crimson shade of freshly-spilled blood. Her face bears scars too deep to ever heal. Willow leans forward to look at the doll – a depiction of a blue man in a green-and-gold outfit, a man she recognizes. The child catches Willow’s glance and flies into a rage. With a piercing shriek and a rush of adrenaline, the little girl grabs hold of the iron bars and effortlessly rips them out of the stone, tossing them aside in an effort to reach the prisoner.

“There is ALWAYS a choice,” the disembodied voice calls from the past.

A vision of the past. The blue-skinned man in his suit, his razor-sharp vampire fangs dripping with sapphire blood; the blood of a dead woman cradled in his arms. A heavy metal door swings open, featureless silhouettes staring into the dark room, wordlessly observing as his face contorts into a grotesque masque of guilt and despair. The world around him shifts and swirls, changing; the corpse disappearing from his grasp. When he opens his eyes, a cloaked figure floats in front of him, a dark flame burning atop his hairless, mouthless, phantasmal head.

“It is better to face death honorably than live in disgrace!” the woman from the memory shouts.

The vampire leads Willow into a large chamber within the underground complex, a hole in the roof forming a small, simple skylight to illuminate the scene. Waiting for her is the same ghastly figure – Beluosus (Benedict Cumberbatch), the living spirit of the planet who dared rebel against the stars. His translucent body is a sickly brown, his once-bright blue eyes dull and faded, like deep puddles of muddy water.

“So, YOU’RE the one,” he intones in his deep, haunting voice. “I can’t say that you look like you’re worth the trouble.” He glides over to her, Willow frozen in fear as he looks her over coldly, analyzing her like a butcher preparing to carve up a carcass. “I suggest you pray to whatever gods you believe in that you have a power I find useful.”

He places a spectral hand on her cheek, leaning in to stare into her eyes. Calmly, indifferently, he warns her - “This will be incredibly painful.”

Her eyes glow a blinding white as she screams in pain.

THIS EASTER

A quick shot as Haven’s Guard – the human Nanashi, demon Zaebos (Jesse Eisenberg), dragon-lady Felucca (Stefanie Scott), elf Gwendolyn (Rooney Mara), fairy Tengu (Chloë Grace Moretz), and gorgon K’Thonya (Keke Palmer) – rushes through a forest in a desperate race against time.

SEE HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES

Another group shot as Beluosus’ minions – the goblin Ulkurz (Rami Malek), harpy Skogul (Kristanna Loken), the vampire, the red child, an impeccably-dressed ghostlike woman (Jessica Chastain), a muscular, gray-scaled fish-man (Brandon Routh), and a white-and-black-furred werewolf (Bella Thorne) – prepare for battle under his command. They rush toward the camera, the glow of power surrounding them filling the screen with white. On the white background appears the title card:

EARTHSONG
VOLUME II
THE MANDRAGORA

APRIL 15

• Like 5

Dave Bautista walks onstage.

Dave Bautista: The duty to support the leading role applies to voice acting, too. Here are the nominees for Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role.

Spoiler

As an ancient deer enriched with wisdom,

DANIEL CRAIG (BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS)

The stag notes that they can stand beside Him and not feel fear. He asks Bambi if he remembers what both Gobo and the dog had told everyone else. Bambi does not answer him, still fixated on the body. The stag goes on saying that He’s lying there dead, just like the animals He killed. The stag tells Bambi that He is not all-powerful as they say; He isn’t above anyone. He is just like the rest of them; He has the same fears, the same needs, and suffers all the same. “He lies helpless on the ground like all the rest of us, as you see Him now.”

Spoiler

As a Scavenger hungry for political power,

BEN FOSTER (THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II)

Jarek thinks the question over for a little bit. He pulls out a cigar, lights it and smiles with the most douchebag-esque grin imaginable, before his face becomes much more menacing.

”I want you to suffer. I want you to realize that your little fairy tale fantasies have real consequences in the real world. I want to see that look on your stubborn little face that says you have royally [screwed] all of this up, and then I want to see you reduced to nothing.”

”...So this is all just a game for you?”, Tamara asks and Jarek laughs with the cigar in hand. ”Isn’t that what politics is, honey?”, he continues laughing before handing Tamara a cigar of her own, which she rejects.

Spoiler

As an alien disenfranchised by the notion of love,

RYAN GOSLING (TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS)

We see Flithbert appear from behind, as Starlene looks on in absolute horror. Cassie, Moxie, Fab, and Gravitas prepare to fight. Flithbert begins to make an emotional appeal to win back Starlene’s heart…through song. As he begins to play with the light board, which also functions as an effective synthesizer, he triggers fireworks through his ballad. And also…he’s a terrible, horrifying singer.

Spoiler

As a villain kidnapping superheroes and stealing their powers,

STAN LEE (THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL)

We then see a crowd of insect like humanoids (think the bug aliens from Rick and Morty with muddy green scales and wings similar to that of The Monarch’s henchmen from Venture Bros) called Hivers cheering outside a castle when The Destroyer, a 7 foot tall humanoid with purple cat like fur and coal black veins all over his body, goblin like ears, and crystalline like hair holding a blade like staff comes out on the balcony. The Destroyer hypes up the Hivers announcing they now have the equipment necessary to enact their plan of world domination but need to go to Earth to retrieve some power source as he leads a small but sizable units of Hivers into their ships as they head towards Earth.

Spoiler

As a penguin who joins a dog on an urgent quest to save Christmas,

TAIKA WAITITI (OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER)

Martini looks around and says he doesn’t think his family is coming. He begins to sniffle and says if he doesn’t have a family, and Olive doesn’t have a family, perhaps they should be each other’s family. Olive smiles and thanks him. 

Dave Bautista: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

WE HAVE A TIE!

Spoiler

DANIEL CRAIG (BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS)

Daniel Craig: This is the type of role I want to play. Not that 007 drivel.

Spoiler

BEN FOSTER (THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II)

Ben Foster: Thank you, CAYOM Academy, for doing what the real-life Academy has yet to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 2
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

This Oscars is performing more similar to an irl ceremony than any of our other ceremonies in the past.

One thing to know about me is that I am oftentimes plainer than a jar of mayonnaise.