Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

YourMother the Edgelord

The Toys are Back: Toy Story 4 over $400M DOM

(Think Efron is Woody, Bleu is Buzz)

You know what I do when the movie I’ve been stanning for is about to die, make a bold and attention seeking club, and here we go.

I think Toy Story 4 will likely become a box office juggernaut and here’s why:

1.) Family Competition isn’t stacking up.

With Pikachu looking DOA, Aladdin and Pets 2 looking mediocre, and the fact that we haven’t had a major animated film since Grinch, Toy Story 4 opens in a perfect spot.

2.) Nostalgia 

Yes, as seen with extremes like Jumanji and Pikachu and Mary Poppins Returns, nostalgia is very hit or miss. While the teaser didn’t light the world on fire, the trailer got a decent amount of views and more attention. And how does love Toy Story, (Don’t say @baumer)

3.) Keanu Reeves

He a god.

4.) Disney

With Aladdin looking to be the sacrificial lamb for TS4 and TLK, I think there’s really a lot of elbow room for it to succeed especially in marketing as it doesn’t have to worry about losing attention yet.

So we IN or OUT?

IN! I've been sceptical up until now, mostly due to the trailer views, but you're on point when you talk about the placement of the film. People are going to be so ready for this and even those that didn't plan on seeing it will probably end up caving. The only thing that gives me pause is The Secret Life of Pets 2. I've always been high on Illumination films and the first one was massive domestically. I haven't followed a lick of tracking for it though so if it's looking underwhelming I'll take your word for it.

Oh, and I'm also kinda just stanning as well. Toy Story IS my childhood.

Fuck it, why not. It’ll open around Dory, maybe slightly under. If WOM is good it’ll easily cross $400M.

@YourMother the Edgelord...i had no idea Keanu was voicing the Canadian character.  I'll see it for sure now!

• Like 2

I didn't even read your post, the high school musical video was enough to convince me.

In.

• Like 1

Out.

Can't see more than 350 tops. And even that's pushing it, albeit 300 shouldn't be too far out of reach as I'm starting to sense buzz for this. And it is a Toy Story movie, after all. But I still think coming so close after Pets 2 and other family flicks like Aladdin and Pikachu is going to hurt it, nevermind the "unwanted sequel" factor and that marketing hasn't looked all that great thus far.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Out.

Can't see more than 350 tops. And even that's pushing it, albeit 300 shouldn't be too far out of reach as I'm starting to sense buzz for this. And it is a Toy Story movie, after all. But I still think coming so close after Pets 2 and other family flicks like Aladdin and Pikachu is going to hurt it, nevermind the "unwanted sequel" factor and that marketing hasn't looked all that great thus far.

Pets 2 kills this club...

Illumination > Pixar? 🤔

Just now, TMP said:

Illumination > Pixar? 🤔

Note I also have a Pets 2 > TS4 club if anyone is interested.

In.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Note I also have a Pets 2 > TS4 club if anyone is interested.

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON

IN

Every person I've talked to said they're watching this, even the ones who don't think there needs to be a 4th. People are still gonna be lining up opening weekens whether they wanted a sequel or not. Plus reviews could really skyrocket this. 

$140 million opening weekend

$500 million domestic

39 minutes ago, TMP said:

Illumination > Pixar? 🤔

I mean, the one time Pixar went against SLOP, Pixar won comfortably.... but that was Finding Dory, which I think had way more potential to be a box office juggernaut than Toy Story 4. On the other hand, Pets 2 will probably go down from the 1st one, so..... it could be a close race. But I do feel like the proximity between the two will hurt both of them.