Water Bottle

***SPOILERS***Detective Pikachu***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Pika Pika?

It's an enjoyable and sincere movie. The plot turns into nonsense once Ditto captures Mewtwo but by that point you're invested.

You'd think mountain-sized Torterra would be a really big deal but that's never mentioned again

• Like 1

Thought this borderline sucked outside of of the seamless integration of Pokemon and humans in the city in which they co-existed. This was some Theodore Rex, Inspector Gagdet stuff. Didn't take it anywhere remotely interesting or truly strange. Actions, emotional, hell, all the beats of everything hit with a thud. 

Not entirely its fault. Tough when stuff like Zootopia, Rango, Roger Rabbit, etc. already did it and did it a whole hell of a lot better. 

I'd say the best comp for this is the new TMNT flicks.

I liked the duck.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

It's an enjoyable and sincere movie. The plot turns into nonsense once Ditto captures Mewtwo but by that point you're invested.

You'd think mountain-sized Torterra would be a really big deal but that's never mentioned again

those things could destroy a nation with one attack. 

Would have brought that up to the son before walked away cause no way they have not killed so many random hikers or etc...

Someone should have mentioned how the guys plan is crazy. 

50 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Detective pikachu the video games had 1 1.5 battles 

It more about human and Pokémon interaction.

if successful I guess they can do more with battles 

I keep forgetting that DP is actually a game and not just a funny concept from mainline games to movie because I never played it. Point conceded.

IDK if this means anything but I'm pretty sure it does. Rita Ora's character said that Mewtwo escaped from Kanto region 20 years ago. Which means Ash, Misty, and Brock if they're introduced would be in their 20's.

Since this is the same Mewtwo from Pokemon The First Movie and the anime.

Edited by Cappoedameron

2 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

IDK if this means anything but I'm pretty sure it does. Rita Ora's character said that Mewtwo escaped from Kanto region 20 years ago. Which means Ash, Misty, and Brock if they're introduced would be in their 20's.

I thought it would be like late 30's since ash was like 12 when he escaped. 

2 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yes exactly, that’s what I thought.

There were a few twists here and there but Mewtwo not being a villain isn’t one of them. Mewtwo has always been on the good side since the end of the first film.

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yes exactly, that’s what I thought.

There were a few twists here and there but Mewtwo not being a villain isn’t one of them. Mewtwo has always been on the good side since the end of the first film.

He has been the antagonist but not a villain. 

2 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Why the heck did the Ditto bring the tied-up real Robert into the old rich guy's office? That part makes no sense to me. I can't think of a plausible reason the Ditto would do that

They ambushed him there and decided moving him was too risky? 

9 minutes ago, Silcardo Jenazad said:

They ambushed him there and decided moving him was too risky? 

So in the middle of the movie; It was the real Robert that was with his dad during the marketing commercial for the parade?

Does he hate his dad and knows his dad is plotting something? Confused at that part.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

So in the middle of the movie; It was the real Robert that was missed with his dad during the marketing commercial for the parade?

Does he hate his dad and knows his dad is plotting something? Confused at that part.

he is not missing as far as they know.  he was replaced. 

My guess he just asked his son to see him in the office and took him down there where no one else would see it happen. 

Edited by Silcardo Jenazad

6 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I don’t even blame Mewtwo for being a antagonist 

imagine being created just to get controlled and destroy things

the feeling of being used would definitely make me hate humans  

And he was really just that in the 1st movie. antagonist does not mean bad guy like in one piece you could say the main hero character luffy is the antagonist of the story. 

1 minute ago, Silcardo Jenazad said:

The ditto replaced his son after the commercial but before the part where they caught mewtwo. Ditto remember was the one who helped Howard off the set. 

Ditto we saw text and etc before when it pretended to be Howard's human assistant. 

Ya i realized ditto was the human assistant.

just curious whether Robert, the Son, was really about. Does he hate his dad for spending too much time with Pokémon? He seems pretty decent though and wanted to stop his dad’s evil plan. 0 idea about what his character is supposed to be...

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Ya i realized ditto was the human assistant.

just curious whether Robert, the Son, was really about. Does he hate his dad for spending too much time with Pokémon? He seems pretty decent though and wanted to stop his dad’s evil plan. 0 idea about what his character is supposed to be...

rich guy with daddy issues that does not make him a bad person it was just a red herring