sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

Preview numbers are not included in Friday numbers. They're separate.

Preview numbers are always included in Friday.

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

For which movies?

Pikachu

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Pikachu over Aladdin OW? 🤔

I don't wanna hijack this thread, but if Pika did this good, i imagine Aladdin is doing at least 80M three days

2 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

My “loyalty” is to movies I enjoy. I don’t care who makes them.

Can’t believe I found a good take about what movies to support in a BOT thread of all places 😛 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I don't wanna hijack this thread, but if Pika did this good, i imagine Aladdin is doing at least 80M three days

Keep dreaming. First reactions from Aladdin are not good and embargo lifts 2 days before release. When Disney does that it's not a good sign.

Just now, Alli said:

Not if it’s sticks to the tracking :Venom:

It does not look like too many movies benefited from Mother's day last year. Avengers dropped almost 29%.

Movies that benefited(in Top 10)

Life of the Party

Breaking in

Overboard

I feel Pretty

Tully

So comedies/ rom coms would benefit the most. Dont see Endgame or Pikachu benefiting by it that much.

It is pretty undeniable that Disney has recently been doing the best job by far of making movies that many people enjoy, thanks largely to their acquisitions of around a decade ago. But I’ll root for the non-Disney films I like, and not for Disney films I dislike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really though my prediction for Aladdin is $80M/$105M/$240M, doing better than Pikachu here and better in presales, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did the same as tracking. Barring Endgame and US, tracking has been pretty consistent.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's worth noting that it increased better than Shazam! for its Thursday to Friday gross, so it is possible that it plays out better (went from 5.7 to 20.7, as opposed to Shazam! going from 5.9 to 20.3).  We'll see how Saturday increases.  I think 58M seems about right for now

Indeed meant to say to say IF Saturday falls under 20. 58 seems very reasonable with the Friday numbers and Friday previews. 

• Like 1