sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Endgame was able to beat TFA 2nd weekend in Canada by ~15%. The total in Canada so far is $69mn (C$93mn) approx in 17 days, slightly less than TFA $70mn Approx (C$97mn). TFA full run ~$97mn (C$135mn).

Avatar full run ~$98mn (C$102mn)

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Here in the UK, the weekend drops for Endgame have been really heavy:

2nd weekend: -66.5%

3rd weekend: -67.5% 

I guess the 1st to 2nd might be heavy because the movie opened Wed night, making the 1st "weekend" pretty long!

Then the 2nd to 3rd might be heavy because the 2nd weekend was a holiday Monday, allowing Sunday nights to be stronger.

Also, yesterday was the end of the Premier League season so many people would not be drawn away from their TVs for any reason. 😁 

51 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame was able to beat TFA 2nd weekend in Canada by ~15%. The total in Canada so far is $69mn (C$93mn) approx in 17 days, slightly less than TFA $70mn Approx (C$97mn). TFA full run ~$97mn (C$135mn).

Q4D3uu5.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Good to hear. 

Next Monday is a holiday here in Canada, so perhaps that will help soften the Sunday drop next week a little bit. 

I was happy with Pikachu's performance this weekend. I wasn't expecting above $60M, but I was expecting higher OS numbers. It looks like this will just break even when you throw in the PA. But this doesn't change the fact that Pokemon is the world's highest grossing media franchise, who makes all their money on merchandise and video/card games. Good luck with the sequel!

Edited by Izzy

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

lower, further, faster!

Haha. You are such a troll. It's a wonder you haven't been threadbanned dozens of times in the past month

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hopefully that terrible drop for Pikachu isn't a trend.

LOL it's not a terrible drop. They just overestimated mother's Day for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

He has been thread banned several times :ph34r: 

Not recently though. I've only been on for a few months. Should have been banned several times for his constant EG trolling

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

11 hours ago, Barnack said:

Streaming content is the biggest source of revenue for a company like Disney, 

Revenu last year for disney:

Media network: 24.5 b

Parks: 20.3b

Studio ent: 10b

consumer product-interactive media: 4.65b

And they just expended their world media footprint by a lot and spent 70B on it buying Fox. Studios will try really hard for every dollar getting away from the 200 billion paid TV business to shift it and still make it over the top streaming (by distributing internet themselve or using that saving on their advantage), people will most likely pay the same if not more in most market than before when you consider their Internet service cost.

They can raise the price also I imagine.

how much % is Streaming from Media network?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

how much % is Streaming from Media network?

Bulk is from cable fees, then advertising.

Disney+ doesn't need to make money. Espn streaming does and I believe it will. 

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I know that but I still expected it to be under 30% because of Mother's Day.

Where's the appeal for moms to go see a Pokemon movie?