sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

May be its strategy of WB to go optimistic with the estimates. More often than not their films drop from estimates

Makes sense I suppose for the weekend headlines if they’re rounding things up. No one reports the actuals lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Technically it is, but it's performing like a hybrid like I predicted it would

Like Shazam it failed to define it's target audience and suffered because of it

• Like 3

DP was always a wild card. The opening is not bad by any means. I wouldn't expect strong legs. If I had to guess, after this opening, I would say 140-150M DOM gross is likely

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Have you even seen the film? 🙎🏻‍♀️ What i see now are mostly doom & gloom for DP, like that it did not overly please everyone.

Nope waiting for Netflix. The ratio is really bad and the nominal figures are a lot lower than EG (which will drop hard too).

Just now, Noodlebug said:

I honestly expected way more for DP mostly due to the social media buzz. 80M DOM seemed to be the floor for it's OW. What happened?

Reality imo. Forecasts were in the 50s the day before. Hype and trailer views led to unrealistic expectations.

Probably like EG 1 billion hopes. That OW was unreal but it generated a huge burnoff and people aren't seeing it 15 times like they did Titanic.

25 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Nope waiting for Netflix. The ratio is really bad and the nominal figures are a lot lower than EG (which will drop hard too).

I take you might be likely to hate it anyway.....considering the mixed critical reviews and the...um...lack of interest from non-fans?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34