sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, r/boxoffice thinks Pikachu might not even reach Shazam because they thought the bigger drop than expected means that Pikachu has no legs. Yeah, it totally isn't that WB overpredicted with an insane 18% drop.

I mean it's not impossible but it's China legs already look better. I think under 400, over Shazam perhaps. About the same DOM.

33 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What’s that?

How to Train Your Dragon 2.

So should have been T instead of C. Too much darn Pokemons on my mind right now!

And also 2 instead of 1. Too many sequels to keep track of!

Edited by Thomas Beck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

how much % is Streaming from Media network?

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner

most of the delivery systems are either inherently streaming (e.g. radio, television, streaming apps) or inherently non-streaming (e.g. books, video cassettes, audio CDs).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

I am not sure how much it changed over time, but almost all ? I imagine there is some non-streaming going on in that division, but most of what client pay at the end is for streaming content.

Ancien over the air television-radio are the most pure streaming media of them all. 

A lot of the 10b in the studio ent come from it also, making profit from it in 2030 will be quite important for Disney.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner

most of the delivery systems are either inherently streaming (e.g. radio, television, streaming apps) or inherently non-streaming (e.g. books, video cassettes, audio CDs).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

I am not sure how much it changed over time, but almost all ? I imagine there is some non-streaming going on in that division, but most of what client pay at the end is for streaming content.

Ancien over the air television-radio are the most pure streaming media of them all.

thanx for links....
true is, I was thinking DIGITAL, streaming apps as streaming (netflix, hullu, amazon, etc..)... not cable, TV, etc....., so I am sure its NOT ALL....
Digital is nowhere close to dvd,blu-ray, uhd 4k discs, etc...., that's why IMO it's not big part of 23billion for media..

I would love to see some detailed table for this, not sure if possible to find..
Marek

59 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean it's not impossible but it's China legs already look better. I think under 400, over Shazam perhaps. About the same DOM.

I don't see that happening. The WW opening weekend is better than Rampage by almost 20 mil. If it has good legs, it should be able to outgross Rampage.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

But WB has already announced the Pokemon Cinematic Universe...??? Are you saying WB , as a studio, is putting the cart before horse ???

Yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Pretty saddened about Detective Pikachu’s OW. Box office-wise, DP seems to have one of WB’s most disappointing OW for a big tentpole since ”Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies” in 2014.....which also opened at $54M. 🙍🏻‍♀️

What was your initial prediction?

10 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

thanx for links....
true is, I was thinking DIGITAL, streaming apps as streaming (netflix, hullu, amazon, etc..)... not cable, TV, etc....., so I am sure its NOT ALL....
Digital is nowhere close to dvd,blu-ray, uhd 4k discs, etc...., that's why IMO it's not big part of 23billion for media..

I would love to see some detailed table for this, not sure if possible to find..
Marek

You mean ott-SVOD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-top_media_services ( streaming media as a standalone product directly to viewers over the Internet)

Usually called OTT for short., it is now a lot bigger than dvd/bluray and look like this according to.

https://www.degonline.org/portfolio_page/deg-year-end-2018-home-entertainment-report/

In 2017 for disney studio entertainment division revenues:

Studio Entertainment

Theatrical distribution $ 2,903

Home entertainment $1,798

TV/SVOD distribution and other: $3,678

Streaming was the biggest revenues segment for their movies and growing. TV seem now to be twice has big has dvds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Nope waiting for Netflix. The ratio is really bad and the nominal figures are a lot lower than EG (which will drop hard too).

Sometimes I am not sure how to feel or whether to say this out. But I genuinely think that watching a film gives people a better sense and more a better position for someone to discuss box office (especially legs and reception); even if you are not a fan of the film.

Having not watch the film really prevents you from forming a more grounded opinion on issues like legs/reception/whether it’s a family film etc.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tupek said:

What was your initial prediction?

Not the insane numbers that most were predicting but i thought conservatively, around $45-50M OW, $180-220M DOM and around $400-550M WW. Smaller hit than most films, though nothing too low.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34