Jump to content
sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Recommended Posts

Captain Marvel officially passed 700M OS

 

$700,804,201

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, r/boxoffice thinks Pikachu might not even reach Shazam because they thought the bigger drop than expected means that Pikachu has no legs. Yeah, it totally isn't that WB overpredicted with an insane 18% drop.

I mean it's not impossible but it's China legs already look better. I think under 400, over Shazam perhaps. About the same DOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What’s that?

How to Train Your Dragon 2.

 

So should have been T instead of C. Too much darn Pokemons on my mind right now!

 

And also 2 instead of 1. Too many sequels to keep track of!

Edited by Thomas Beck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

how much % is Streaming from Media network?

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner

 

most of the delivery systems are either inherently streaming (e.g. radio, television, streaming apps) or inherently non-streaming (e.g. books, video cassettes, audio CDs).

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

 

I am not sure how much it changed over time, but almost all ? I imagine there is some non-streaming going on in that division, but most of what client pay at the end is for streaming content.

 

Ancien over the air television-radio are the most pure streaming media of them all. 

 

A lot of the 10b in the studio ent come from it also, making profit from it in 2030 will be quite important for Disney.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

😂

 

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Captain Marvel officially passed 700M OS

 

$700,804,201

Wow! Right between the two Hobbit-sequels. Higher than DOS but slightly one hundred thousand less than BOTFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty saddened about Detective Pikachu’s OW. Box office-wise, DP seems to have one of WB’s most disappointing OW for a big tentpole since ”Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies” in 2014.....which also opened at $54M. 🙍🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pikachu had a pretty amazing Saturday at my theatre, followed by a dreadful Sunday. Not surprised at the steep drop from estimates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

😂

 

@Shawn are you trippin' ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. The verb "to stream" refers to the process of delivering or obtaining media in this manner

 

most of the delivery systems are either inherently streaming (e.g. radio, television, streaming apps) or inherently non-streaming (e.g. books, video cassettes, audio CDs).

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

 

I am not sure how much it changed over time, but almost all ? I imagine there is some non-streaming going on in that division, but most of what client pay at the end is for streaming content.

 

Ancien over the air television-radio are the most pure streaming media of them all.

thanx for links....
true is, I was thinking DIGITAL, streaming apps as streaming (netflix, hullu, amazon, etc..)... not cable, TV, etc....., so I am sure its NOT ALL....
Digital is nowhere close to dvd,blu-ray, uhd 4k discs, etc...., that's why IMO it's not big part of 23billion for media..

I would love to see some detailed table for this, not sure if possible to find..
Marek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean it's not impossible but it's China legs already look better. I think under 400, over Shazam perhaps. About the same DOM.

I don't see that happening. The WW opening weekend is better than Rampage by almost 20 mil. If it has good legs, it should be able to outgross Rampage.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

But WB has already announced the Pokemon Cinematic Universe...??? Are you saying WB , as a studio, is putting the cart before horse ???

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Pretty saddened about Detective Pikachu’s OW. Box office-wise, DP seems to have one of WB’s most disappointing OW for a big tentpole since ”Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies” in 2014.....which also opened at $54M. 🙍🏻‍♀️

What was your initial prediction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

thanx for links....
true is, I was thinking DIGITAL, streaming apps as streaming (netflix, hullu, amazon, etc..)... not cable, TV, etc....., so I am sure its NOT ALL....
Digital is nowhere close to dvd,blu-ray, uhd 4k discs, etc...., that's why IMO it's not big part of 23billion for media..

I would love to see some detailed table for this, not sure if possible to find..
Marek

 

You mean ott-SVOD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-top_media_services ( streaming media as a standalone product directly to viewers over the Internet)

 

Usually called OTT for short., it is now a lot bigger than dvd/bluray and look like this according to.

https://www.degonline.org/portfolio_page/deg-year-end-2018-home-entertainment-report/

 

In 2017 for disney studio entertainment division revenues:

 

Studio Entertainment

Theatrical distribution $ 2,903

Home entertainment $1,798

TV/SVOD distribution and other: $3,678

 

Streaming was the biggest revenues segment for their movies and growing. TV seem now to be twice has big has dvds.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Nope waiting for Netflix. The ratio is really bad and the nominal figures are a lot lower than EG (which will drop hard too).

Sometimes I am not sure how to feel or whether to say this out. But I genuinely think that watching a film gives people a better sense and more a better position for someone to discuss box office (especially legs and reception); even if you are not a fan of the film.

Having not watch the film really prevents you from forming a more grounded opinion on issues like legs/reception/whether it’s a family film etc.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, druv10 said:

OS update for AEG

 

$1,765,871,449 up 3.9M

So on what date does everyone think it will pass Avatar WW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Harris said:

So on what date does everyone think it will pass Avatar WW?

Between june 1st and 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, tupek said:

What was your initial prediction?

Not the insane numbers that most were predicting but i thought conservatively, around $45-50M OW, $180-220M DOM and around $400-550M WW. Smaller hit than most films, though nothing too low.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.