sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I can see a scenario where Godzilla underperforms. Buzz is strong among fanboys, but will that translate to GA hype?

Check the tracking thread 

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I can see a scenario where Godzilla underperforms. Buzz is strong among fanboys, but will that translate to GA hype?

Yeah, the only May film with any GA hype I can see is... probably John Wick 3 ngl.

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I am interested in the Friday number for Pika. We’ve all been spoiled by Endgame. If Pika manages 50-60M opening, that would be a good opening. Just because the movie doesn’t over perform doesn’t make it a disappointment. 

50 would be ok. Forecast went down harshly from 75-90 on the high end to low 60s. Dropping another 15 to 50 isn't great. Hoping it gets to 60, that would be really solid.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

That’s funny. I guess we shall see in 2 weeks 

the movie will already pass you’re 50 million ow prediction 

see I rather stay on negative side. 

I...never made a prediction lol. But if I did, 50m is far closer to the stupid numbers being thrown around in Detective Pikachu thread lol

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

1 hour ago, youcantseemyname said:

Most previews start at 6 PM, do they? So Pika had like an extra showing.

I'd say $60M weekend, if Saturday picks up some steam.

Kids films often start at 4.

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

I...never made a prediction lol. But if I did, 50m is far closer to the stupid numbers being thrown around in Detective Pikachu thread lol

Most people said 50 million besides Tenta and Capp lol 

this def will pass 50 million 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Gotta admit looking at the schedule this does feel like the most unexciting summer in a while.

What if the two Disney remakes end up being the two highest grossing films of the summer. 

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

My general impression over the past few months is that it has NOT translated to the GA.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, filmlover said:

Gotta admit looking at the schedule this does feel like the most unexciting summer in a while.

Midsommar, The Souvenir, Booksmart, Godzilla, John Wick, The Dead Don't Die, Crawl, Ma, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, The Farewell, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Hobbs and Shaw, Where'd You Go Bernadette, Blinded By the Light all look great.  This summer looks pretty solid to me

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, the only May film with any GA hype I can see is... probably John Wick 3 ngl.

John Wick 3 is doing well.

For what it is.

But it's not like it's going to actually beat Godzilla or Aladdin or Pikachu.