sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

4 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Most people said 50 million besides Tenta and Capp lol 

this def will pass 50 million 

And all of those people will be closer to the mark than those two. And FYI, making slightly more than 50 million doesn’t mean people who predicted 90-100m made better predictions. Th

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Midsommar, The Souvenir, Booksmart, Godzilla, John Wick, The Dead Don't Die, Crawl, Ma, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, The Farewell, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Hobbs and Shaw, Where'd You Go Bernadette, Blinded By the Light all look great.  This summer looks pretty solid to me

I feel like Crawl could just be a case of good trailer editing, but I agree on the rest. Surprised a big studio took Blinded By the Light, feels like something like Sing Street where it'd open in 4 cinemas, but I'm happy it's getting a bigger push. The Kitchen could be pretty good too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gotta admit looking at the schedule this does feel like the most unexciting summer in a while.

wait til next year

it's looking like a real snoozefest

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kitik said:

wait til next year

it's looking like a real snoozefest

I can’t see WW84 going under the first film unless WB completely blows it tbf

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Every major besides Disney and to an extent Universal has been effing it up so far this year.

The Upside is really the only movie so far this year that has truly broken out well beyond what was expected of it tbh.

11 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I can see a scenario where everything this summer underperforms.

I can't see Far From Home and TLK underperforming. TLK will be the #2 movie this year.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

I can’t see WW84 going under the first film unless WB completely blows it tbf

Yeah, but I'd be surprised if it was even the highest grossing superhero film of that summer tbh

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gotta admit looking at the schedule this does feel like the most unexciting summer in a while.

I don't know. I'm kinda excited for TS4, FFH, and especially TLK (the visuals are glorious to behold).

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

next year looks great. WW, nolan, dune etc

I meant next summer, so omit Dune

Right now it's just Nolan and Wonder Woman and a whole lotta nothing. Maybe Top Gun or Jungle Cruise, but I don't want to get my hopes up.