sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

48 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What kind of underperformance are you expecting? Making $1.3B instead of $1.5B?

Being beaten by spider man worldwide would be underperforming , at least according to what the majority of the forum has been preaching for over a year , though truth be told many thought TLK would be bigger than endgame back in the day.

Just now, MrPink said:

But Paramount is BACK

Paramount is gonna be producing nothing but Tom Cruise movies when Top Gun 2 is their first hit after three back to back big budget flops (Gemini, Sonic, Terminator)

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Black Widow is gonna win the summer. 

I definitely need to see a trailer before I decide whether Black Widow will be in the Ant-Man/Dr Strange category or the Captain Marvel/GOTG category boxoffice-wise.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Top Gun 2's marketing is really what's gonna make or break it. The original is definitely a time capsule of its era.

If Paramount cuts a trailer as good as this:

$150m+ dom would be locked imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Top Gun 2's marketing is really what's gonna make or break it. The original is definitely a time capsule of its era.

this is true. i am very curios how they'll promote it.

i'll say this. the screenwriter is quite good. enjoyed Only the Brave, but TG had iconic lines that stood the test of time. i don't think they can replicate that

Just now, kitik said:

I definitely need to see a trailer before I decide whether Black Widow will be in the Ant-Man/Dr Strange category or the Captain Marvel/GOTG category boxoffice-wise.

Captain Marvel category for sure. She was one of the most talked about characters in Endgame.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Could someone direct me to the weekend thread

Flopachu is going to come in about 250M below the 300M expectations, so we're all just trying to distract ourselves from this disaster of epic proportions. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

As long as they double down on the beach volleyball and guys talking in the showers stuff, I will pay a high price

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kitik said:

Nvm

Edited by UserHN
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Despite the success of Jungle book and BATB, and the certain success of TLK. These Disney live-actions are definitely having a shaky record now, curious about Mulan.

Only good one was Cinderella(2015).