sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

2 minutes ago, Noodlebug said:

Alice was way back in 2010. It technically counts, I guess, but the live action adaptations of the 80's/90's Disney classics started in 2015 with Cinderella, I believe. After that, we had Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Aladdin, TLK, Mulan, etc.

Cinderella's not from the 80s/90s though. :ph34r: Neither is JB or Dumbo.

i dunno Ghostbusters i think will do badly just like the 2016 one. I don't think anyone is wanting another ghostbusters movie at all in the first place. It is just that crazy controversy masked that for the 2016 one.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

The issue with summer 2020 is there's no zeitgeist type of film that completely blows away the competition. I don't see anything crossing $500M DOM next summer, or the entire year for that matter. Maybe Wonder Woman if it vastly exceeds sequel expectations, but eh, probably not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Agreed. I don’t even get the reasoning for this movie to actually exist but whatever. At least I guess the budget will be low. Is Eternals supposed to come out next summer, this has all the potential in the world and yes I know that they are unknown and this is completely irrelevant to its box office potential. Eternals has the potential to be much bigger than GOTG.

Same, Widow worked best as a supporting character and it feels 6 years too late. 

Now The Eternals could easily be big. If I were Disney, I move it to December and ditch Cruella as it's already dead.

20 minutes ago, MrPink said:

But they actually got the main star back in the film instead of....Liam Hemsworth/Jessie T. Usher

We also have to take into account the fact that Independence Day Resurgence is the worst movie ever made

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Same, Widow worked best as a supporting character and it feels 6 years too late. 

Now The Eternals could easily be big. If I were Disney, I move it to December and ditch Cruella as it's already dead.

Widow was never really that interesting, either. She's great as a supporting character, like you said, but I absolutely have no interest in a solo film about her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We also have to take into account the fact that Independence Day Resurgence is the worst movie ever made

i actually watched. What a piece of shit. The lesser Hemsworth and not will smith can't even have 1/3 of Will Smith's charm. and Jeff Goldblum looked like he was sleep walking through the shooting.

Makes the original Independence Day look like Citizen's Kane.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Being beaten by spider man worldwide would be underperforming , at least according to what the majority of the forum has been preaching for over a year , though truth be told many thought TLK would be bigger than endgame back in the day.

lol. Spider-Man isn't holding a candle to Donald Glover lion.

Good for Pikachu, and ok for The Hustle. Definitely should both play very well this weekend. Poms will probably disappear sadly. 

As for The Avengers, it will definitely win no matter what.  So May 2019 is so far doing very well.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

next summer looks alright at the box office...

Jungle Cruise, Black Widow, Top Gun, wonder woman, fast and furious, Ghostbusters, Minions, Pixar,

and of course... N.O.L.A.N.

It'll turn out fine box office wise probably, although no endgame/TLK level excitement.

I love the fact that there are 2 Pixar originals coming out next year, though when WDAS or Pixar have 2 originals coming out in the same year, one tends to turn out to be significantly weaker than the other (The Good Dinosaur, and Moana). I'm kind of curious whether Onward or the June original would the weaker one.

As for Nolan, I just hope that it's not another Dunkirk, I have nothing against that film, but it was unexciting overall, the film, it's box office, or its award season...

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If they moved West Side Story to the 23rd and put Eternals in its place it would work out great actually. Surprised they didn’t go for it seeing how well Aquaman did.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

After delaying Avatar yet again, I really thought Disney might move an MCU film to December, either Eternals or Shang-Chi. After seeing how Aquaman performed, it seemed like a golden opportunity.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I sometimes watch crappy blockbusters (other times good ones) so that I don't start indie/art house film fatigue but that one was unbearable. I don't even remember what happened in that film anymore but I still get PTSD just from hearing that name. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Even when @Porthos doesn’t have a clue how to adjust right they nail it. All hail Sactown.    

70+ would take a really good IM now, tracking may end up about right.

biDFHU0.gif?noredirect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

lol. Spider-Man isn't holding a candle to Donald Glover lion.

have we heard confirmation one way or the other about Donald Glover in the Spider-Man movie?