sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Seems quite optimistic

Still the Anthony and Joe Russo Brothers-directed feature made $7.5M last night, the best for all films in regular release, putting its two week running total at $660.4M. The film will cross $700M this weekend and likely Black Panther this weekend, to become the third highest film at the domestic B.O. with third weekend estimates in the $80M-$85M range.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/pokemon-detective-pikachu-avengers-endgame-box-office-weekend-1202611690/

Will easily cross 700M with their projected 80-85M weekend but only “likely” to cross Black Panther?

Go home Deadline, you’re drunk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

5.7M previews 

87M Fri (including previews)

122M Sat

91M Sun

300M weekend on the dot. @CJohn vindicated! 

Please. It's gonna go UP on Sunday with it being Mother's Day. All the moms want to be soothed by the voice of Ryan Reynolds as a little yellow fluffball.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I like this one too, but Sam's seems a touch more realistic

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Please. It's gonna go UP on Sunday with it being Mother's Day. All the moms want to be soothed by the voice of Ryan Reynolds as a little yellow fluffball.

I hope so, because right now Detective Flopachu is shaping up to be the biggest disaster of the year.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

No six-pack on Pika, moms will be disappointed.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dumbo did $2.6m with Thursday previews, was part of an already established fan-base, and people were predicting $50-60m. I don't know why Pika Pika would act so much more fanboy heavy than Dumbo, especially since it's the first cinematic foray for Pokémon while Dumbo was like the sixth live-action Disney adaptation (seventh if Pete's Dragon counts).

Dumbo previews started at 6pm, not 4pm, so it had a 1 full showing less possible per screen...so, it's not comparable...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, Alli said:

Yikes it's doing badly in China. And the pika fanboys convinced me that it would beat Aladdin over there. It seems Aladdin will come up victorious in China too

Aladdin is bombing in China if Feng is to be believed. The embargo drops on the day of release, so I don't know why there's still so much faith in that film.

Just now, Alli said:

Yikes it's doing badly in China. And the pika fanboys convinced me that it would beat Aladdin over there. It seems Aladdin will come up victorious in China too

Judging by aladdin early reviews. That movie won’t be doing much anywhere 

also even at detective pikachu lowest of lows in China. It will be higher than Aladdin than highest of highs 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1