sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Monsters universe was most disappointing movie this decade for me

hope toy story is much better 

I am more fond of Incredibles so i thought Incredibles 2 was a tad more disappointing.

"Oh 14 years of waiting for a sequel to Incredibles. What baddie will they be facing?"

"Hypnosis lady."

Hypnosis belongs in Saturday Morning Cartoons. It is so lame.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

That twitter tantrum he threw over this

:hahaha: 

He was calling people idiots for doubting him when he said Avengers 4 would be called "Annihilation", and then...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As for legs I think I’m on @JohnnyGossamer and @cdsacken side on legs being average. Doesn’t have much rewatch value and I’m not sure about kids flocking to it.

I think the big issue is that a lot of the reception to DP even from fans is "It's ok.". Which doesn't bode well for legs.

25 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I wonder if there is any more updates on Saturday?  Wondering if Endgame is keeping steady with 62 or it will continue to drop more ,even going sub 60 which would be something if i wouldn't think is possible.

Deadline in their Sat post had AE est to 25.8 on Saturday. Now that had to be with very early matinee numbers and Saturday night should be the sweet spot for AE, so i expect the final number to be better than that. If they end up being the blind squirrel that finds a nut though and that ends up being accurate that would lead to a sub 20 Sunday and a 60+- a few hundred thousand for the weekend. 

I have a hard time believing it would fall that hard when there isn't any really strong competition (sorry Pika, but a mid-to-high 50's opening is around the low end of the tracking).  if you had told me before the weekend that AE was looking at low 60's i would have expected that Pika broke out to 80-90M. 

We'll know in 12 hours either way.

11 hours ago, cory said:

So Endgame domestic will finish around TDK admissions, just ahead of TA1.

Interesting - assuming Endgame finishes with 850 million, TDK admissions would mean an average ticket price of nearly $12.  That seems a little high.  Do you mind showing us your calculations?

I mentioned it before but I think Warner Bros should take a look at Spy Hunter given they own the IP and they successfully adapted Rampage. The premise of Spy Hunter lends itself to a film, and with a name for the lead character, it would give WB a shot at a spy franchise to compete with Bond, Mission Impossible and Bourne.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think the big issue is that a lot of the reception to DP even from fans is "It's ok.". Which doesn't bode well for legs.

Not sure about North America, but in some parts of Asia like Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, reviews are above average and actually quite good.

Definitely not a “meh” scenario. Yesterday in Hong Kong, it was below EG in terms of presales by circa 40-50%, but by night, DP had higher admissions (albeit still lower daily box office due to lower ticket price).

PS: also wanted to highlight that in Hong Kong End Game had larger cinemas and about 100 more showtimes (total around circa 540 showtimes) while DP has like 430 - 440 showtimes in the same day.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I mentioned it before but I think Warner Bros should take a look at Spy Hunter given they own the IP and they successfully adapt Rampage. The premise of Spy Hunter lends itself to a film, and with a name for the lead character, it would give WB a shot at a spy franchise to compete with Bond, Mission Impossible and Bourne.

If i remember, Spy Hunter had a game where the main character was acted by Dwayne Johnson.