sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

My favourite Disney movie mulan so I would love to see it break out as a blockbuster 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Too early to start wondering what’s the biggest movie of 2020?

What are the big movies next year? Wonder Woman 1984? Fast and Furious 9?

1 minute ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

If i remember, Spy Hunter had a game where the main character was acted by Dwayne Johnson. 

That was originally meant to be a tie-in for a movie that never materialised. 

If you can, make sure to see the trailer for Sonic in a reasonably crowded theater for Detective Pikachu.  The collective groan when everyone realized what trailer it was and the mocking of it that ensued was hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

WW1984 (Domestic), Black Widow or DS2 overall

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If you can, make sure to see the trailer for Sonic in a reasonably crowded theater for Detective Pikachu.  The collective groan when everyone realized what trailer it was and the mocking of it that ensued was hilarious.

My 9 year old cousin said Sonic looked ugly. That’s a major problem considering the little guy is Sonic’s target audience and wants to see Uglydolls.

• Like 1

I seen so many viral tweets about people booing and groaning when sonic trailer appeared with detective pikachu 

honestly sonic trailer is not that bad. It’s a trendy thing to do hate with crowds 

I laughed when I saw it on preview 

I could see Sonic bombing with sub-$30M total honestly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

This happened in my theater too lmao (it wasn't the entire crowd but a decent group of people said it)

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

:Venom: :whosad:

Edited by AnDr3s

29 minutes ago, Deedlit said:

Interesting - assuming Endgame finishes with 850 million, TDK admissions would mean an average ticket price of nearly $12.  That seems a little high.  Do you mind showing us your calculations?

No that would mean exposing the lies hmm :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, jaybox said:

WW1984 (Domestic), Black Widow or DS2 overall

Except Doctor Strange 2 isn't 2020. It's Black Widow and Eternals.

Hmm I have a feeling 2020 will be one of those quieter years where the domestic champ is nowhere close to some of the biggest years then. Maybe $450-500M wins the year domestic? Possibly less? It happens every once in a while, can’t all have $700-800M grossers ha ha.

14 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Hmm I have a feeling 2020 will be one of those quieter years where the domestic champ is nowhere close to some of the biggest years then. Maybe $450-500M wins the year domestic? Possibly less? It happens every once in a while, can’t all have $700-800M grossers ha ha.

Gonna be like 2014 again, when the year was so bad they gave the yearly crown to a 2015 movie instead