sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Wonder Woman 1984 DOM

Fast 9 WW

Is Wondy 2 gonna hit a billie or not? If not, it won't even be the highest grossing funnybook film of 2020

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

My favourite Disney movie mulan so I would love to see it break out as a blockbuster 

Me too - Donnie Yen is the first billed male actor in the movie; so i am excited to see the action in the movie.

For those who don't know, Donnie Yen is a extremely legit martial artist, actor and fight choreographer; and is known to the west as Chirrut Imwe in Rogue One.

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Minions 2 1.5 billion 😎

Highly doubt it since Minions was released during the peak popularity of the franchise. The sequel will take a big hit overseas with Latin America (one of its biggest markets) ER plummeting since then. Despicable Me 3 already showed the franchise is on a downward trend both domestically and internationally. 

Just now, KP1025 said:

Highly doubt it since Minions was released during the peak popularity of the franchise. The sequel will take a big hit overseas with Latin America (one of its biggest markets) ER plummeting since then. Despicable Me 3 already showed the franchise is on a downward trend both domestically and internationally. 

I had a crazy detective pikachu prediction and got it wrong and I hope my Jynx helps minions. Most annoying ass movie franchise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I mentioned it before but I think Warner Bros should take a look at Spy Hunter given they own the IP and they successfully adapted Rampage. The premise of Spy Hunter lends itself to a film, and with a name for the lead character, it would give WB a shot at a spy franchise to compete with Bond, Mission Impossible and Bourne.

As others mentioned, there was a Spy Hunter film in development in the early 00s (before Midway went bankrupt and WB bought their assets). It was going to star Dwayne Johnson. It fell through but the unmade film was the basis for the video game Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run.

As far as Atari/Midway IP that WB owns, I’d enjoy a movie based on Gauntlet. It wouldn’t have to be expensive, I’d want it to be a throwback to 80s fantasy like Krull and Beastmaster. Maybe make it for streaming instead of theaters. (Heck, you could make a whole line of throwbacks to 80s/90s cable/rental cheese based on these games. A.P.B. as police comedy, Toobin’ as teen summer camp type movie, Thunderjaws as Roger Moore-era Bond, and so on. But again, I wouldn’t do them in theaters and I wouldn’t spend horrendous amounts of money on them.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Do people really think Black Widow will be that big? Seems like there's bound to be disappointment if that's the case... 

20 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it will do fine 600m-800m , if another avenger costars it will help

After Endgame, BW is blowing up. She was easily one of the most talked about characters in that film.

• Like 1

I'm with reddevil on Black Widow. I don't think it's gonna be that big mostly because it'll likely have a relatively small scale compared to other CBM. And that could hurt it overseas, especially in Asia. It will likely also have a low Budget, though, so of course it'll still make money.

I could see Minions 2 winning the year WW. People still love those little yellow buggers.

I have zero expectations for the Black Widow film.  50M OW / 175 - 250M DOM would be fine by me.  Anything over that is gravy.  I just don't see the point of the film (other than as a 'We're sorry Ike was a DICK and this is five years too late' apology to ScarJo).

• Haha 2

Just now, captainwondyful said:

I have zero expectations for the Black Widow film.  50M OW / 175 - 250M DOM would be fine by me.  Anything over that is gravy.  I just don't see the point of the film (other than as a 'We're sorry Ike was a DICK and this is five years too late' apology to ScarJo).

It’ll be 9 years too late actually 

• Like 1