sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Partly why Captain Marvel had such a huge OW I feel was cause of the 8 Month gap between AMatW and Captain Marvel. While I definitely don't think Black Widow is making Captain Marvel numbers the 10 Month gap between FFH and Black Widow is definitely gonna have the GA ready for another MCU film. And I do feel people want more Black Widow content after Endgame than before. But we'll see I do think there's more to this movie that just Feige making up for lost time. 

My issue with BW's potential is related to the direction the movie takes - if it's a prequel it will be smaller scale, and not have any other MCU heroes per se (could have Fury and the like, maybe Hawkeye), and not having a large role in the grander MCU might mean people are less interested (you could look at Ant Man in that respect - though, of course, Black Widow is far better known than AM was, so that will make up for it).

I definitely don't think an MCU film should be underestimated at this point, and I do think it will be a great hit, but if people automatically think 1 billion+, that might set it up for a big fall relative to unrealistic expectations (a la Pikachu now)...

52 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Sad it isn't going to be TFA, but TFA had the best release date ever, so it's not really a fair comparison. 

Anyway SW is the epitome of Western privilege in a franchise. 

Oh well at least it will do around 800 million more worldwide.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Sad it isn't going to be TFA, but TFA had the best release date ever, so it's not really a fair comparison. 

Anyway SW is the epitome of Western privilege in a franchise. 

You say sad, I say glorious :D Avengers can have the worldwide win, that should be enough. Star Wars still rules English language countries. 

• Like 2

I really wanted to watch Endgame but I just can't, 3 hours is way too long for me, it's offputting..I'm quite hyperactive so being sit that long is pure pain...why the hell did they feel the need to do this?

It'll be easier to watch on Blu-Ray, at least I can have a break after I saw the 1st half of the movie.

I'll watch Detective pikachu instead, easier.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

You say sad, I say glorious :D Avengers can have the worldwide win, that should be enough. Star Wars still rules English language countries. 

I'm sure Marvel would gladly take worldwide win over domestic win, one of them is far more profitable than the other one lol.

Anyway, they're both Disney franchises so they probably don't give a damn as long as it's as profitable as ever in both cases.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I really wanted to watch Endgame but I just can't, 3 hours is way too long for me, it's offputting..I'm quite hyperactive so being sit that long is pure pain...why the hell did they feel the need to do this?

It'll be easier to watch on Blu-Ray, at least I can have a break after I saw the 1st half of the movie.

I thought the same as you before watching it. And 3 hours in the theater was so fast, when the movie end, I even didn't realise it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I thought the same as you before watching it. And 3 hours in the theater was so fast, when the movie end, I even didn't realise it. 

I agree. I'm also impatient and second viewing was pain during few scenes, but the first time it really flew without any hiccups

19 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm sure Marvel would gladly take worldwide win over domestic win, one of them is far more profitable than the other one lol.

Anyway, they're both Disney franchises so they probably don't give a damn as long as it's as profitable as ever in both cases.

They get way more from Domestic because even everything that follows is way better for domestic compared to Worldwide, though as they will be somewhat close Domestic, Disney definitely will be happy about the big difference OS. China is basically cinema and that's all, domestic with home video and all that Disney can basically double what they earned.

But in the end, as long as both make a lot of money for Disney Disney will be happy.

Edited by Taruseth

41 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The movie needed the length it has, the pacing is part of what makes it the experience it is.  Leave at the credits and it's only 2:48m  - 19 minutes longer than AIW if you sat through it's credits.

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

In all seriousness I expected a smooth $90m+ OW for Pokemon.

Not even reaching $60m is bonkers to me.

The pre-sales just weren't there for this kind of established fan driven IP.  But everyone always says about every movie where the pre-sales pace behind their expectations  - "It's a Walk Up Movie" or in this case that and also "It's A Family Movie".  ^_^

• Like 2