JB33

Monday numbers - 05/13/19 | Actuals: A: EG 4.70, PDP 3.69

20 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It will be only 4th film to gross over $500mn after first weekend.

i only hope dom wont ruin its chances of beating avatar, bc as of now based on your graph too the only thing that could prevent it from avatar seems to be dom more than anything else

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i only hope dom wont ruin its chances of beating avatar, bc as of now based on your graph too the only thing that could prevent it from avatar seems to be dom more than anything else

I’m still quite confident on Endgame domestic legs. It might not have enough to cross $900m, let alone top TFA, but I wouldn’t underestimate the power of summer legs for this one. Infinity War ends with a cliffhanger, this is the Return of The King of superhero films. Avatar is going down WW.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I think 860 millions domestic will be enough to secure the WW record

May be even less with good legs in china and OS

Edited by Moses

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

4.8 actually.

I have a strange feeling that Tuesday will be $5,7M max. Wednesday and Thursday also might be worse than Infinity War had.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

People back to overestimating AEG again and comparing it to a movie that opened with 100m less on OW. This is not going to behave like other megahits, because it’s on a league of its own right now and it really doesn’t matter what opens this weekend or the next, it has burned off so much demand on its first two weeks that no matter what CS it got. It will keep dropping because the diehard fans with the many repeat viewings are already done. 

It’s not disappointing legs, because you really don’t have anything to measure the legs on a scale. This is the first 300m OW opener and it beat the previous OW record holder by over 100m. 

AEG will be the first of many to come, but no clue when they will arrive. But when they do AEG will be the scale to determine the healthiness of a such movies legs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tawasal said:

People back to overestimating AEG again and comparing it to a movie that opened with 100m less on OW. This is not going to behave like other megahits, because it’s on a league of its own right now and it really doesn’t matter what opens this weekend or the next, it has burned off so much demand on its first two weeks that no matter what CS it got. It will keep dropping because the diehard fans with the many repeat viewings are already done. 

It’s not disappointing legs, because you really don’t have anything to measure the legs on a scale. This is the first 300m OW opener and it beat the previous OW record holder by over 100m. 

AEG will be the first of many to come, but no clue when they will arrive. But when they do AEG will be the scale to determine the healthiness of a such movies legs.

You also suggested 4.6 for Monday. IW faced a 125 million opener this coming weekend with lower dailies before it came. JW3 if it does amazing will reach 60, easily could be 55ish. Demand burnoff was real no doubt but good chance we are past that.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, richtmancharles said:

Hi, long time lurker. I am not able to make a club.
Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure, do you ask for help to create a thread or....?????

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

You also suggested 4.6 for Monday. IW faced a 125 million opener this coming weekend with lower dailies before it came. JW3 if it does amazing will reach 60, easily could be 55ish. Demand burnoff was real no doubt but good chance we are past that.

If the $4.8m Monday number sticks, that still represents a 55% WoW drop compared to 44% for the comparable IW Monday, so I don't think we can already say that demand burnoff is over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

And how far off is that from the estimates we have? And I was actually suggesting to lower our expectations regarding this movie. We can’t just base our predictions on AIW willy nilly. AIW box office wasn’t unique except for it’s OW. This movie is doing far more than that and is in unique territory of its own. 

• Like 2