JB33

Monday numbers - 05/13/19 | Actuals: A: EG 4.70, PDP 3.69

Just now, tawasal said:

He did say 4,8m after that early estimate, but no one updated the title. 

a within 3% prediction is very accurate, think a bit harsh to call bias here on Charlie...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tawasal said:

He did say 4,8m after that early estimate, but no one updated the title. 

I missed that post. I did not mention based on just today’s number. Remember last Friday or one the week earlier. His earlier estimates were trying to see how high endgame could go 🙂 Still not outrageous and still the numbers are great.

25 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Alladin's on the 24th right?

IW made another 126m not including monday.

Coincidentally I see that's the number needed to make $850m ($126m + $724m)

I'm thinking $825 or so now. I think it's dailies will be much lower especially after Alladin.

Okay, that's funny...of all the things that will make Endgame's dailies lower, Aladdin is about the unlikeliest reason...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I see Alladin performing at 70% of Deadpool 2 at worst

you have

1) Endgame falling faster than IW when both had no competition

2) Alladin having a matching audience

I'm thinking we will see Endgame drop below Infinity Wars by quite a bit.

$87.8M 3 day minimum for Aladdin (since you said at worst) - really?

(EDIT - Deadpool 2 DOM 3 day OW $125.507M*.7 = $87.8M)

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

$87.8M 3 day minimum for Aladdin (since you said at worst) - really?

(EDIT - Deadpool 2 DOM 3 day OW $125.507M*.7 = $87.8M)

100+ 4 day opener. At this point I would be ok with 70 4 day. Feels more and more like Dumbo each day :(

I loved the original too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

100+ 4 day opener. At this point I would be ok with 70 4 day. Feels more and more like Dumbo each day :(

I loved the original too.

It is amazing that $100M 4 day seems to be the "I'll feel really, really good about that number" - if we go back to the Aladdin thread last year, before the 1st trailer and the lack of recent Disney live action success, I think the certainty of the movie breaking the Memorial Day record was strong...but now, here we are in our current expectations...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BK007 said:

Endgame legs have been disappointing. 

If Pika had opened to a much larger amount, then that would be a fair drop. As is stands, from opening $100m+ over IW, by its 3rd weekend they were already on par. I get that there is frontloading and the series finale would have exacerbated it, but still it's a fantastic movie and it is just dropping off at a rather rapid rate and will now come in far below TFA

Perhaps, there is indeed a capacity audience over a movie's entire run. I really can't believe that more people would've seen the awful TFA, but its amazing release date had ensured near $750m by holiday's end which would have probably captured the masses who never watch movies. 

At least EG will beat Avatar WW to make up for this loss to an inferior and distinctly average product.  

Loving your SW shades. :rofl: 

46 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

a within 3% prediction is very accurate, think a bit harsh to call bias here on Charlie...

He isn’t that far off. His early numbers aren’t supposed to be taken the way some people do here. It’s more a projection and he never stated they will come true.

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

He isn’t that far off. His early numbers aren’t supposed to be taken the way some people do here. It’s more a projection and he never stated they will come true.

I agree. That is why I Bolded the part that its fantastic that we are getting numbers so early so close to actual.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I missed that post. I did not mention based on just today’s number. Remember last Friday or one the week earlier. His earlier estimates were trying to see how high endgame could go 🙂 Still not outrageous and still the numbers are great.

People always forget his other numbers on the same day and just focus on only early numbers. He posts updated numbers throughout the day.

11 hours ago, BK007 said:

Endgame legs have been disappointing. 

If Pika had opened to a much larger amount, then that would be a fair drop. As is stands, from opening $100m+ over IW, by its 3rd weekend they were already on par. I get that there is frontloading and the series finale would have exacerbated it, but still it's a fantastic movie and it is just dropping off at a rather rapid rate and will now come in far below TFA

Perhaps, there is indeed a capacity audience over a movie's entire run. I really can't believe that more people would've seen the awful TFA, but its amazing release date had ensured near $750m by holiday's end which would have probably captured the masses who never watch movies. 

At least EG will beat Avatar WW to make up for this loss to an inferior and distinctly average product.  

Old timer from the bom forum telling it like it is. No wonder you are also not posting much here too. 

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. That is why I Bolded the part that its fantastic that we are getting numbers so early so close to actual.

Yeah without them this place will be boring and he is also doing exams right now, which would make it harder. 

Edited by tawasal

11 hours ago, BK007 said:

that more people would've seen the awful TFA,

Force Awaken was probably more watchable by people without a good background into the franchise (and everyone in the US even if they had seen no movie could answer 10 questions about the story) and probably more rewatched than the 3 hours have to go through the first 2 hours of talking of End Game.

• Like 1