charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/16) Early Estimates.

Honestly @Shivampa2 none of this would have happened if you’d just accepted your original ban instead of trying to go around it. I’m not opposed to giving people second chances especially since you didn’t personally attack anyone (that I know of) but I’m also not a mod. I wouldn’t be opposed to having you back but I also think you need to demonstrate that when a mod bans you, you understand what that means ie not going to create a bunch of alt accounts to get around it. So maybe actually fulfilling your original ban and then see if the mods are open to letting you back. If you love box office and really don’t want to troll, I think that’d be a reasonable expectation from you before they consider letting you back, IF they’d even consider it at all. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Problem for Pikachu is it's not a family film so it won't jump like one. More like Shazam a hybrid with even less kids seeing it. 

Yea but it’s out performing Shazam in the dallies and that did $24.5M. Don’t see why $26-27M would be out of question and that doesn’t require it to jump like a family movie 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Honestly @Shivampa2 none of this would have happened if you’d just accepted your original ban instead of trying to go around it. I’m not opposed to giving people second chances especially since you didn’t personally attack anyone (that I know of) but I’m also not a mod. I wouldn’t be opposed to having you back but I also think you need to demonstrate that when a mod bans you, you understand what that means ie not going to create a bunch of alt accounts to get around it. So maybe actually fulfilling your original ban and then see if the mods are open to letting you back. If you love box office and really don’t want to troll, I think that’d be a reasonable expectation from you before they consider letting you back, IF they’d even consider it at all. 

I am jerk sometimes and do aggressive trolling. But I have never said anything bad about anyone. 

If @DeeCee gives me a chance or give me a temporary ban for a time period I would personally be very happy.

I am really sorry and I will never repeat it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea but it’s out performing Shazam in the dallies and that did $24.5M. Don’t see why $26-27M would be out of question and that doesn’t require it to jump like a family movie 

I edited the post while you responded and came up with a near max of 26.5 lol. Good range

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Problem for Pikachu is it's not a family film so it won't jump like one. More like Shazam a hybrid with even less kids seeing it. 

Dumbo saw a bigger drop than Shazam in 2nd weekend 

dumbo dropped over 60%

how to train you’re dragon 3 had the biggest hold of 45% but the biggest drop in 3rd weekend because of captain marvel 

it’s less to do with family movies. More to do with if people like the movie 

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

dumbo dropped over 60%

how to train you’re dragon 3 had the biggest hold of 45% but the biggest drop in 3rd weekend because of captain marvel 

Mathematically that's hard to make a case for as it's fell hard and quickly

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, cdsacken said:

I edited the post while you responded and came up with a near max of 26.5 lol. Good range

Yea that’s the range ($26-27M) I had it at when I made my OG comment. Nothing crazy like $30M or anything lmao I’m not saying it’ll happen lol Just saying that the Wednesday number still makes it possible. Will have to see how today and Friday play out obviously 

• Like 1

Even if Endgame matches its daily changes from last week over the course of the next four days, the weekend number for it is $28.3M. With John Wick offering up direct competition for the adult action crowd and with JW taking some (but not all) of Endgame’s PLFs, it will be tough for Endgame to match last weekend’s daily changes. 

If Endgame sold a prime time IMAX seat last weekend at the AMC Empire 25 for $23.49, that ticket now shifts to a regular screening this weekend which costs $16.49. That’s almost a 30% drop even if it sells the same number of tickets, which it won’t. A $25M or less weekend is a real possibility. 

John Wick certainly looks to fly past $40M and may even hit $50M based on some sample theaters I checked.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

dumbo dropped over 60%

Dumbo dropped hard on its second weekend. Not a real good comp. How to train your dragon acted like a typical family film ie strong Friday and Saturday boost. 

Id expect Pikachu to perform similarly to Shazam which should still get it in the $26M+ range for the weekend. Maybe not as strong of a Friday boost but then it’ll make up for it by not dropping so hard on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Dumbo dropped hard on its second weekend. Not a real good comp. How to train your dragon acted like a typical family film ie strong Friday and Saturday boost. 

Id expect Pikachu to perform similarly to Shazam which should still get it in the $26M+ range for the weekend. Maybe not as strong of a Friday boost but then it’ll make up for it by not dropping so hard on Sunday. 

Yeah that’s true but 3rd weekend. Detective Pikachu should have a much better hold than those movies because of Memorial Day weekend 

4th weekend. It should have a much better hold than Shazam because endgame released on its 4th weekend 

but that’s way ahead. So can’t think too far 

• Like 1

@Shivampa2 if you really want to take part in a constructive manner here, you should know that creating alts/trolling/giving constant Not Cool-Reactions to everything etc. doesnt make you trustworthy. Im not a mod so i obviously cant decide whether or not you will get banned or get a 2nd chance, but if thats the case, everyone will look at you more harshly than with others and with good reason. You can pull the Apologize-Card one time and one time only if you want to be believable.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Even if Endgame matches its daily changes from last week over the course of the next four days, the weekend number for it is $28.3M. With John Wick offering up direct competition for the adult action crowd and with JW taking some (but not all) of Endgame’s PLFs, it will be tough for Endgame to match last weekend’s daily changes. 

If Endgame sold a prime time IMAX seat last weekend at the AMC Empire 25 for $23.49, that ticket now shifts to a regular screening this weekend which costs $16.49. That’s almost a 30% drop even if it sells the same number of tickets, which it won’t. A $25M or less weekend is a real possibility. 

John Wick certainly looks to fly past $40M and may even hit $50M based on some sample theaters I checked.

Maybe we'll see. 29.5 is still a huge drop and Infinity War dropped 52% with a much much bigger film coming out eating a ton of screens as well.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@Shivampa2 if you really want to take part in a constructive manner here, you should know that creating alts/trolling/giving constant Not Cool-Reactions to everything etc. doesnt make you trustworthy. Im not a mod so i obviously cant decide whether or not you will get banned or get a 2nd chance, but if thats the case, everyone will look at you more harshly than with others and with good reason. You can pull the Apologize-Card one time and one time only if you want to be believable.

I know that. That's why I created this account with my own name. If I get banned that would be finale for me. If I get a second chance I promise I will not troll and incite fan wars. 

I just want to participate in box office. 

Sorry for my early behaviour. 

I have big fascination for Box office. I started following it during Infinity war run. 

I have made some mistakes in the past. I have been very aggressive lately. 

But, Trust me I also want to be part pf discussion just like you all. 

I am sorry for all that annoying stuff. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shivampa2 said:

I have big fascination for Box office. I started following it during Infinity war run. 

I have made some mistakes in the past. I have been very aggressive lately. 

But, Trust me I also want to be part pf discussion just like you all. 

I am sorry for all that annoying stuff. 

If they give you another chance. It just opens up other ban posters coming with alts and apologizing and returning 

just doesn’t set a good precedent 

• Like 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

If they give you another chance. It just opens up other ban posters coming with alts and apologizing and returning 

just doesn’t set a good precedent 

I know that. I have never insulted anyone on forum. I got banned because of fan wars and being sensitive. 

There is always a first time for everything.