charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/16) Early Estimates.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah it's possible it could go higher not adjusting for inflation but it's possible it might not. In the US the industry is in a decline and we could see that replicated globally. The foregone conclusion of any movie hitting 3B WW in 2020 or 2021 is just as silly as saying 2.8 is the absolute cap.

I don't think anyone said a film in 2020 or 2021 is definitely hitting 3B. 2020 will be a down year at box office, possibly no film will cross 1.5B, 2021 is another weak year with Avatar being its savior (I'm predicting it to hit 3B, but no guarantee, obviously). Box office definitely has a future beyond 2020 and 2021, no reason to set an arbitrary time limit when the statement was 2.8B being the box office ceiling "ever".

So @I Am..... You are saying is that for the rest of time for all of eternity the most a movie can ever make at the box office is 2.8 billion dollars? So you're saying that in 20 years from now no movie will be able to eclipse 2.8 billion dollars? Is that seriously what you're trying to say?

11 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m 21 and I got to university with lots of Ariana fans. Definitely most vocal but not even the biggest 

there are K pop bands bigger than her in the west 

she can do arena tours not stadium tours 

Yeah, BTS is pretty huge all around the world. Moreso than any western pop-artist/band. Not a huge fan of their music but makes sense. They are so much charismatic than any western pop-artist.

• Like 2

Inflation and global population growth will make sure that cinema industry will keep growing and growing. And it’s not just about the box office , but in fact There’s no limit to what everything can do until the world and the life itself over.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

I don't think anyone said a film in 2020 or 2021 is definitely hitting 3B. 2020 will be a down year at box office, possibly no film will cross 1.5B, 2021 is another weak year with Avatar being its savior (I'm predicting it to hit 3B, but no guarantee, obviously). Box office definitely has a future beyond 2020 and 2021, no reason to set an arbitrary time limit when the statement was 2.8B being the box office ceiling "ever".

Seeing that this is a box office forum, we all know movie attendance is skyrocketing... no wait... it's declining, right?

"Avatar" and "Endgame" were both incredibly unique experiences that drove general audiences to theaters based on the feeling of not wanting to be "left out." Does "Avatar" hold such a stirring place in the hearts of casual movie goers that they will be overwhelmed by the same feeling when the most that the average person remembers about the first is how cool the 3D looked?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I Am said:

Right.

Care to take a look at the difficultly non-Japanese animators have in breaking into the animated movie industry over there?

Is "Frozen" the rule... or the exception?

No, it isn't, but neither is Your name, most movies don't gross over $75m in Japan.

And Disney and Pixar tend to do good in Japan (though nothing like Frozen)

that's the point with Japan normal movies don't gross much more than in Germany for example and then suddenly one movie explodes and gross three or four times as much or even more.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

So @I Am..... You are saying is that for the rest of time for all of eternity the most a movie can ever make at the box office is 2.8 billion dollars? So you're saying that in 20 years from now no movie will be able to eclipse 2.8 billion dollars? Is that seriously what you're trying to say?

Will there even be movie theaters twenty years from now is a better question.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Is Taylor Swift effectively over. Me! seems like it will not have staying power

Will this sink Cats

i thought lady gaga was done until a star is born. tom hooper about to save her whole career. she'll be singing at the oscars in a cat costume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, I Am said:

so in other words you can't answer the question can you because no one can see the future no one knows the future and therefore you're arguing right now based on possibilities or probabilities or suppositions is completely futile. So thanks for being entertainment for the last two or three pages but your argument is pretty flimsy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, I Am said:

And only one group is right, and so far it's the latter.

Don't play the victim card. You said absolute max, like there was no chance for it grow. 

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, BTS is pretty huge all around the world. Moreso than any western pop-artist/band. Not a huge fan of their music but makes sense. They are so much charismatic than any western pop-artist.

i like their dances. american/british popstars just don't do choreography anymore smh.

12 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Basically every stan from the avatar group has said 2.8B is a total failure and most are predicting 3.5-4b+. Yeah that's near guaranteeing. 

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

No, it isn't, but neither is Your name, most movies don't gross over $75m in Japan.

And Disney and Pixar tend to do good in Japan (though nothing like Frozen)

that's the point with Japan normal movies don't gross much more than in Germany for example and then suddenly one movie explodes and gross three or four times as much or even more.

And your bet is that the next movie to do so in Japan will help push Hollywood box office over the $3 billion and $4 billion edges? When "Frozen" didn't even come close to doing that?

For the record, I didn't bring up Japan with regards to their movie industry, because their live action industry is nowhere near as valued as their animated industry, which is the opposite of the original country brought up (China.) If we're going to compare the West and Japan over film industries, it needs to be with animated one, not the live action one.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i like their dances. american/british popstars just don't do choreography anymore smh.

N'sync reunion time, Vegas residency, with the choreography. The only way to save Timberlake's career.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

N'sync reunion time, Vegas residency, with the choreography. The only way to save Timberlake's career.

ever since they did coachella with the biggest popstar in the world they haven't been returning his calls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, I Am said:

Seeing that this is a box office forum, we all know movie attendance is skyrocketing... no wait... it's declining, right?

"Avatar" and "Endgame" were both incredibly unique experiences that drove general audiences to theaters based on the feeling of not wanting to be "left out." Does "Avatar" hold such a stirring place in the hearts of casual movie goers that they will be overwhelmed by the same feeling when the most that the average person remembers about the first is how cool the 3D looked?

Yep, 3D revenues have plummeted in the US. It's not new anymore and frankly many hate it preferring regular to it (me as well). 

• Like 1