That One Girl

Spiral: From the Book Of Saw | May 14, 2021 | Lionsgate | Written, produced, and starring Chris Rock

Looks pretty decent, does anyone know whether the budget is as low as it tends to be for these things, as the movie already looks a tad more expensive and there is obviously a bit more name talent than usual?

Spiral was also the name of an edgy French brutal serial killer series not that long ago, which seems dissonant to me. Same central motif/symbol as it seems to be in this too. But I suppose it's obscure enough to most for it not to matter.

Darren is at the helm for this. You could've fooled me based on the trailer.

From a visual standpoint, this is the best looking this series has ever been. The poster is delightfully subtle in its hint at what this is all about. This is the first time I've looked forward to a Saw film when you consider the original was a surprise hit. I remember watching it in a near empty theater thinking "This will have a large cult following."  Damn shame about those sequels. None of them were good, imo.

• Like 1