charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (5/16)

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

AEG 3.4

PDP 2.7

I hope that EG number holds. First time in awhile the number would be a pleasant surprise. Now hoping for a really big Friday bump, even in the midst of JW3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I hope that EG number holds. First time in awhile the number would be a pleasant surprise. Now hoping for a really big Friday bump, even in the midst of JW3.

i agree. its very good for EG. I was thinking closer to 3.25 bcos of loss of some Imax and PLF. this is way better. So it basically caught up to IW. 30m+ weekend for sure.

While I could see Pikachu taking a slightly larger drop than expected this weekend (videogame and Pokémon fan rush), the weekday numbers haven't really suggested such a rush factor, so I might be pleasantly surprised. 

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

When looking for JW3 numbers.

FiuUfOv.gif

Yeah I know it's too early. 

Jurassic World 3

Distributor: Universal Release Date: June 11, 2021

You're telling me.  Afraid you got a REALLY long wait ahead. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thinking 50%+ drop for AEG even on the high-end,

7.5 (+120%)

13.5 (+80%)

10.0 (-26%)

= 31.0 (-51%) ; 772.4 cume

2.5x the weekend more to the cume gives 850 dom

Though the weekend could come in 29-30 and add <2.5x that to the cume for 835-840 total too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

AEG 3.4

Ha! So I was right on Monday, that Endgame will have smaller Wednesday and Thursday than Infinity War had. B)

Now lets see how it will go this weekend.

• Sad 1

SHAZAM's FSS holds will give PIKA 27.85 2nd weekend with 2.7 Thursday. That might be too optimistic but 26 is possible and would be a very good 2nd weekend hold. SHAZAM never recovered from EG and was looking good for 145-150 if not more. PIKA could target 155-165 if the weekend's 26+.

57 minutes ago, a2k said:

Thinking 50%+ drop for AEG even on the high-end,

7.5 (+120%)

13.5 (+80%)

10.0 (-26%)

= 31.0 (-51%) ; 772.4 cume

2.5x the weekend more to the cume gives 850 dom

Though the weekend could come in 29-30 and add <2.5x that to the cume for 835-840 total too.

80% jump on Saturday? Why? Just curious.

Just now, baumer said:

80% jump on Saturday? Why? Just curious.

The very best reasoning I would give is EG have better Saturday bumps than IW so far and IW bumped 75% so I won't be surprised with that.

Even 2019 on whole has big Saturday bumps.

• Like 3

At this moment, Avatar ain't locked. I am seeing a probable finish of $2.775 Billion and that can go lower as I am being optimistic a bit. 

However, all it needs is one weekend to correct the course. So let's hope this is that weekend and we have sub 50% drop this weekend internationally and Domestically.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1