sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I unironically love Keanu in Bram Stoker's Dracula. :ph34r:

It's funny you mention that. There are two roles where he's been slammed the most and probably did more to cement the idea that "he can't act" than anything else.  That, and Much Ado About Nothing.

From what I remember, I will admit he was... Not great in Ado.  But since I've seen him shine elsewhere, I've been forced to conclude one of two things.  Either he grew a lot as an actor since then (fairly possible given it was 1993), or Branagh just horribly mishandled him.

At one time it was pretty sacrilegious to say that about Branagh.  Still might be.  But, I dunno.  No director is perfect.  Keanu might just not have gotten the direction he needed then, especially as a young actor.

Then again, it might just be the memory playing with me.  Might re-watch it one of these days and see if I change my opinion of Keanu in that film.

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It's funny you mention that. There are two roles where he's been slammed the most and probably did more to cement the idea that "he can't act" than anything else.  That, and Much Ado About Nothing.

From what I remember, I will admit he was... Not great in Ado.  But since I've seen him shine elsewhere, I've been forced to conclude one of two things.  Either he grew a lot as an actor since then (fairly possible given it was 1993), or Branagh just horribly mishandled him.

At one time it was pretty sacrilegious to say that about Branagh.  Still might be.  But, I dunno.  No director is perfect.  Keanu might just not have gotten the direction he needed then, especially as a young actor.

Then again, it might just be the memory playing with me.  Might re-watch it one of these days and see if I change my opinion of Keanu in that film.

Keanu played Harker exactly the way he was written in Coppola's version. A somewhat dull but well meaning guy who's dreadfully boring. There's a reason Dracula manages to entice Mina in Coppola's version. It's a recontextualization of the character of Jonathan Harker that's interesting and Keanu plays the role exactly as it's written. The only kind of silly thing is the white wig but that's less on Keanu and more on whoever made the decision to put him in that stupid thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great numbers for JW, hope it gets all the $$$.

....and Keanu is a great actor, people need to stop with this XXxx can't can't act shit. I dislike Streeps acting intensely but I would never say she was a bad actor.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

6a0120a7e55e7c970b0134804eb4d1970c-pi

that's the stuff

? ok ? i guess ? its funny that some of you really are ready to fight for ww 1 ,  30 million plus in either direction will not change much the profit that endgame will have , the only change will be on the papers which really wont mattaer, if endgame is close enough disney will push it if not they wont , but endgame already beat even the most optimistic expectation  both it and avatars runs are impressive so stop both sides to act like children that lost their toys

• Like 1

I absolutely love that Keanu Reeves story. Especially as someone who's always working the box office at a movie theatre, that's my dream right there. 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

I am a simple man... i see someone trying something bad... i slap him around while he looks in astonishment yelling for internet safety... i love bullying bullies ❤️ TTVOMJ

what do you mean? 🤔

• Like 1