sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

If DL is right with AEG number than beating Avatar WW dream may be dead, can't see studio pushing to beat their own record by so little, just for bragging rights 

it's last global weekend was 165 (63 dom + 102 os) and it was 298 away from Avatar (so needing 1.8x the weekend more). How does the dream become dead if final Dom is less by 10m compared to what was expected last weekend.

Edited by a2k

Let’s see what Disney reports for Endgame. If it’s at 7.2 now, then it could go to 7.5 or as low as 7.3 depending on how many theaters left to report and their sizes.

In any case, great opening for John Wick no matter where it ends up in the 50-60 range. Pikachu seems to have avoided disaster. The 6.1 is better than the 5.7 we were thinking yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Slightly off topic but I just googled Hellboy 2019 and saw that it only grossed $40m. Holy hell.

Do you guys think Wick's profits will make up for Hellboy's losses?

I didn’t even get to see it, it was in theaters so little time. Mike Richardson (Dark Horse) is a family friend, the nicest guy, and the tallest guy you could meet. He lives here in the Portland area. Such a great imagination. I really enjoyed the original Hellboy films, I know the reviews of the new one weren’t good but it looked fun. 

Edited by JonathanLB

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I didn’t even get to see it, it was in theaters so little time. Mike Richardson (Dark Horse) is a family friend, the nicest guy, and the tallest guy you could meet. He lives here in the Portland area. Such a great imagination. I really enjoyed the original Hellboy films, I know the reviews of the new one weren’t good but it looked fun. 

Yeah, the film is already at the discount theater. It only came out like a month ago.

I've never seen the original films though. :( 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

8 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Let’s see what Disney reports for Endgame. If it’s at 7.2 now, then it could go to 7.5 or as low as 7.3 depending on how many theaters left to report and their sizes.

In any case, great opening for John Wick no matter where it ends up in the 50-60 range. Pikachu seems to have avoided disaster. The 6.1 is better than the 5.7 we were thinking yesterday. 

Remember the twitter account that used to be Charlie's source? Their final number is always 300-400K less than actuals so i think we can expect similar here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Yeah, the film is already at the discount theater. It only came out like a month ago.

I've never seen the original films though. :( 

Yeah I tried to find it around here in weekend 3 and literally couldn’t find it anywhere near me. Maybe 20 miles away but at that point, eh, wait for iTunes or whatever. Doh! I got busy with life stuff and just didn’t see it that first week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Remember the twitter account that used to be Charlie's source? Their final number is always 300-400K less than actuals so i think we can expect similar here.

Sure! What have they reported? From how many locations? 

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

Ahh.. the good old days of peace xD miss them:'( TTVOMJ

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Stop watching after Season 6. You will be spared much disappointment, anger and frustration.

• Knock It Off 2

24 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

On the bright side, Dark Horse just signed a huge first look deal with Netflix. Hellboy could have a glorious life on streaming

1 minute ago, TMP said:

On the bright side, Dark Horse just signed a huge first look deal with Netflix. Hellboy could have a glorious life on streaming

That’s awesome! Yeah I am wondering if I guess I must have been in the extreme minority as I enjoyed the trailer, it made me want to see it, but nobody else seemed to think so. My GF said it looked “shitty,” I thought it looked fun and entertaining. Yet I didn’t see it either so it’s not like I helped. But I would have if it was just around a bit! Ha ha.

I forget that sometimes now days if you don’t rush out to see something, you just aren’t seeing it at all in theaters. I’m usually better about it but coordinating a move is a nightmare and I even saw Endgame a week late, which is just pathetic! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Seasons 1-4 are masterpieces. Seasons 5 and 6 have their ups and downs, but are still very much enjoyable.

I wont say anything about what comes after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2