Jump to content
sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Lighten up Francis

Love and peace bothers you greta?:/ this wasnt a question for you to answer... TTVOMJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

If DL is right with AEG number than beating Avatar WW dream may be dead, can't see studio pushing to beat their own record by so little, just for bragging rights 

it's last global weekend was 165 (63 dom + 102 os) and it was 298 away from Avatar (so needing 1.8x the weekend more). How does the dream become dead if final Dom is less by 10m compared to what was expected last weekend.

Edited by a2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s see what Disney reports for Endgame. If it’s at 7.2 now, then it could go to 7.5 or as low as 7.3 depending on how many theaters left to report and their sizes.

 

In any case, great opening for John Wick no matter where it ends up in the 50-60 range. Pikachu seems to have avoided disaster. The 6.1 is better than the 5.7 we were thinking yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Slightly off topic but I just googled Hellboy 2019 and saw that it only grossed $40m. Holy hell.

Do you guys think Wick's profits will make up for Hellboy's losses?

I didn’t even get to see it, it was in theaters so little time. Mike Richardson (Dark Horse) is a family friend, the nicest guy, and the tallest guy you could meet. He lives here in the Portland area. Such a great imagination. I really enjoyed the original Hellboy films, I know the reviews of the new one weren’t good but it looked fun. 

Edited by JonathanLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I didn’t even get to see it, it was in theaters so little time. Mike Richardson (Dark Horse) is a family friend, the nicest guy, and the tallest guy you could meet. He lives here in the Portland area. Such a great imagination. I really enjoyed the original Hellboy films, I know the reviews of the new one weren’t good but it looked fun. 

Yeah, the film is already at the discount theater. It only came out like a month ago.

I've never seen the original films though. :( 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Let’s see what Disney reports for Endgame. If it’s at 7.2 now, then it could go to 7.5 or as low as 7.3 depending on how many theaters left to report and their sizes.

 

In any case, great opening for John Wick no matter where it ends up in the 50-60 range. Pikachu seems to have avoided disaster. The 6.1 is better than the 5.7 we were thinking yesterday. 

Remember the twitter account that used to be Charlie's source? Their final number is always 300-400K less than actuals so i think we can expect similar here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Yeah, the film is already at the discount theater. It only came out like a month ago.

I've never seen the original films though. :( 

Yeah I tried to find it around here in weekend 3 and literally couldn’t find it anywhere near me. Maybe 20 miles away but at that point, eh, wait for iTunes or whatever. Doh! I got busy with life stuff and just didn’t see it that first week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Remember the twitter account that used to be Charlie's source? Their final number is always 300-400K less than actuals so i think we can expect similar here.

Sure! What have they reported? From how many locations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

Ahh.. the good old days of peace xD miss them:'( TTVOMJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

Stop watching after Season 6. You will be spared much disappointment, anger and frustration.

  • Not Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I didn’t even get to see it, it was in theaters so little time. Mike Richardson (Dark Horse) is a family friend, the nicest guy, and the tallest guy you could meet. He lives here in the Portland area. Such a great imagination. I really enjoyed the original Hellboy films, I know the reviews of the new one weren’t good but it looked fun. 

On the bright side, Dark Horse just signed a huge first look deal with Netflix. Hellboy could have a glorious life on streaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Endgame still topping Avatar worldwide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMP said:

On the bright side, Dark Horse just signed a huge first look deal with Netflix. Hellboy could have a glorious life on streaming

That’s awesome! Yeah I am wondering if I guess I must have been in the extreme minority as I enjoyed the trailer, it made me want to see it, but nobody else seemed to think so. My GF said it looked “shitty,” I thought it looked fun and entertaining. Yet I didn’t see it either so it’s not like I helped. But I would have if it was just around a bit! Ha ha.

 

I forget that sometimes now days if you don’t rush out to see something, you just aren’t seeing it at all in theaters. I’m usually better about it but coordinating a move is a nightmare and I even saw Endgame a week late, which is just pathetic! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maxresdefault.jpg

 

This sums up how i think the last episode is going to go. Not since Dexter have i seen a tv series collapse at the finish line.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is Endgame still topping Avatar worldwide?

 

I believe it will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is Endgame still topping Avatar worldwide?

It’s a toss up really

  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JimiQ said:

It’s a toss up really

Makes it more exciting to follow then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m working through Game of Thrones for the first time so haven’t watched much recently, John Wick 3 tonight, superscreen! 

 

Last nights episode was “The Red Wedding” and I’m still shocked to the core lol. :( 

 

Seasons 1-4 are masterpieces. Seasons 5 and 6 have their ups and downs, but are still very much enjoyable.

 

I wont say anything about what comes after that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

 

Seasons 1-4 are masterpieces. Seasons 5 and 6 have their ups and downs, but are still very much enjoyable.

 

I wont say anything about what comes after that.

To you:) and the bandvagon:) TTVOMJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.