sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think if they can reduce the budget to a more reasonable level, they should make another Pokemon film.

coulda probably used that same budget to make the pokemon movie everyone actually wanted instead of a detective pikachu movie and it would've worked out better for them butwhatdoiknow

• Like 1

If $18M, JW3 will probably fall closer to $50M than $60M by the end of the weekend...Deadline should have just gone with my $50-$60M "can't lose" number:)...I'd think $53M will probably be the final estimate if Charlie's numbers stick...

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

coulda probably used that same budget to make the pokemon movie everyone actually wanted instead of a detective pikachu movie and it would've worked out better for them butwhatdoiknow

That should be used regularly in here after every prediction. 

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Is Pikachu the most over predicted film in the history of our site?

As much as it pains me to say it, I'd say Solo is in the running for that.  I was doing prediction compilations and the range was $285m to $450m or so., with most people in the 310/325m to 375m range.  Only @WrathOfHan came 'close' with his 250-260ish prediction ('round that number at least is what I recall).

Lots of people saw it under-performing.  No one saw the level of bombage coming from it.

Only place Pikachu 'outshines'  Solo was the fervor of some folks predictions before pre-sales started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

varys as Pikachu

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

EG may go as high as 12.5 and that's still :WHATanabe:

I actually watched the 2014 Godzilla again last night and I am still not picking up on what this reaction is supposed to symbolize? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I'd say Solo is in the running for that.  I was doing prediction compilations and the range was $285m to $450m or so., with most people in the 310/325m to 375m range. 

Lots of people saw it under-performing.  No one saw the level of bombage coming from it.

Only place Pikachu 'outshines'  Solo was the fervor of some folks predictions before pre-sales started.

<----

Edited by CoolioD1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

EG may go as high as 12.5 and that's still :WHATanabe:

I can't tell if this is part of your riddle or…..

Is $18M for JW3 right? How about DP's $11M? 

Edited by Nova

scream 4 the average opening weekend prediction was more than it made total. those 50 mil opening predictions were going strong until the day it came out. people really got smacked in the face with that one.

• Like 3