sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

But...it's not 60M :whosad:

I know. But I have come to terms with this. For now, the goal is 150m (not coincidentally, my prediction for the summer game)

What movie will make it to the 200-300 dom range first. I don't think Aladdin and KOTM will make there and certainly not DARKP. SLOP2 has a very good chance to end up in that range.

8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m probably late but I think we should really only compare Endgame’s legs to the legs of all of the previous films that opened with $357m. 

When Uglydolls 2 does 357.1M OW and x3.5 legs we’ll realize just how much Endgame truly underperformed.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m probably late but I think we should really only compare Endgame’s legs to the legs of all of the previous films that opened with $357m. 

I don't have likes anymore but just to say that I love you

Talking about how much money AEG made early in it's run let's see how many Dom totals match AEG's 1st week cume of 474. Apart from TLK and SW9 no other film could do 474 total. Frozen has a shot too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Because no movie ever came close, we are facing two 2 options.

Not judging the legs at all, nothing to base it with.

Go with the best thing one can think of, giant openner with large previews and big accumulated resistance (Civil War, last Potter part 2, Infinity War, etc...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, youcantseemyname said:

Jim was right, superhero fatigue kicked in. /s

Friendship ended with EG, now Mr. Wick is my best friend.

he literally never said that

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Eh, I was thinking a 77% increase so I'm not shocked nor particularly impressed with that 13mil number. I'm obviously impressed with Endgame's stellar overall box office and only a ridiculous person would claim that it isn't important but the film following a pattern that it has had for 2 weeks isn't a big deal. 

This ridiculous idea that John Wick 3's opening is anything but great is beyond eye rolling. John Wick is not a freaking easy to swallow Marvel movie, it was never hitting those sorts numbers. It will nearly double the opening of Wick 2. Other franchises wishes that they had that sort of growth.

Pikachu has just been a big disappointment. It would be fine if the budget were 50mil lower but with that 150mil budget it needs to do better than it is. WB has been having a rough go of it unlike the great 2018 they had. They are the ones who sabotaged Shazam though. They tossed a good comic book movie to the wolves while spending a ton to market Zack Snyder's one week wonder trash that nobody liked. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1