sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

4 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Shazam, John Wick and Endgame are my favorites this year.

Though i think John Wick peaked a bit too early.

Damn, you have good taste:)...I was gonna say that I also go Shazam #1 and then Endgame #2 for this year (but I haven't seen JW3:)...

I think it's been a pretty decent year so far...nothing earth-shatteringly awesome (although Shazam was close), but a lot of good to very good movies:)...

I have Pika on Tuesday, so we'll see if it can crack my top 2!:)

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Damn, you have good taste:)...I was gonna say that I also go Shazam #1 and then Endgame #2 for this year (but I haven't seen JW3:)...

I think it's been a pretty decent year so far...nothing earth-shatteringly awesome (although Shazam was close), but a lot of good to very good movies:)...

I have Pika on Tuesday, so we'll see if it can crack my top 2!:)

I liked Pikachu since it am a big fan of Pokemon and it does have alot of nice easter eggs for the fans, but yeah Shazam and Endgame is still better.

I think you'll like it better if you are a fan of Pokemon. The movie does try to keep fans of the game series happy which is much more than i can say about most if not all video game movies.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

Anyway my least favorite movie so far is Hellboy 2019 which uhh such an embarrassment. I think i'd rather watch Batman Forever and Robin. There was also Dumbo, which lacked alot of energy and was just dull. I'd say it is the worst Disney remake but then i remember Beauty and the Beast which was personally much more insulting to me since i love Beauty and The Beast. And then there was Captive State which was a waste of my time.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

38 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Okay I get it you hate Us a lot.  It’s still very new and fresh now that you’ve said this take for the 100th time

okay you just called it the best movie of the year and now you're getting upset at me for telling you that I think that you're crazy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

You are  taking the people of this forum seriously ? Come on now......

they are being serious. There are people at this form absolutely love that movie and it confuses the hell out of me. I have no idea what was good about it. The plot was stupid, there are potholes colore, and yes it was acted fine, but I just can't get past the stupidity of the movie.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Okay I get it you hate Us a lot.  It’s still very new and fresh now that you’ve said this take for the 100th time

There’s some irony here

Screen-Shot-2018-11-07-at-2.03.29-PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, baumer said:

okay you just called it the best movie of the year and now you're getting upset at me for telling you that I think that you're crazy?

The year isn't even half over, it's not like I'm definitively saying that no movie will come along and dethrone it.  And sorry for wanting to talk about a movie positively without having someone reply to me condescendingly that my opinion makes them throw up in their mouth, guess that just makes me the bad guy here

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Do you really have to respond though? I think Us is ok nothing special but if TOG wants to think it's the best movie of all time that's his choice. I get we're a movie forum and all but I think this place'd be a lot more relaxed if we let people be, especially over positive opinions.

Just now, cdsacken said:

I'm so confused I still haven't seen US yet some say it's best best movie of all time yet others hate it. It's legs were definitely not good and personal WOM for me has been bad.

i suppose it's visceral reactions vs. intellectual reactions. i'm kinda in the middle. i think it's good, well made, and also kinda dumb and confused about what it wants to say. 

• Like 6